Recent Transactions Reverting to Downloaded Payee Name and no Memo or Category

Options
For several months now, after I run a One Step Update, credit card transactions which I had previously downloaded within the last few weeks, for which I manually (or Quicken automatically) renamed and to which I manually added categories and memos, are reverting all on their own to the original downloaded payee name and removing the category or memo I had added. What is causing this, how do I stop it and is there any way to revert to what I had added (including category and memo)?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Mitchell Mackler,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and have not received a response yet.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mitchell Mackler
    Mitchell Mackler Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Thanks, Anja. I have been restoring backups when it happens and that helps, although I lose all the changes I made since the last backup (no more than a day or two, but still). I am looking forward to understanding why this is happening to begin with.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are still enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions. Additional settings can be found for the detection and processing of transfer transactions in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.