Best 3rd party import Payroll Software

Does any 3rd party payroll software still import its payroll data to Quicken thru a .qfx file or similar? I used Intuit Online Payroll for years and wonder if it still does that. Any other suggestions other than manual data entry?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I believe the way this was done was by the payroll software exporting a QIF file and the person importing that QIF file into Quicken Windows.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @meleto3

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community! I have a few questions to help me better understand how we can help.

First, Quicken does not support payroll and cannot perform payroll functions. Are you looking for this or just information from using a payroll program previously?

Are you currently using another software and are looking to import that to payroll software to be able to migrate to Quicken? 

Please let us know so that we are better able to assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or could you be talking about importing into QuickBooks?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• meleto3
    meleto3 Member
    I used quicken (not quickbooks) to run a business from 1992 to 2015. Even after quicken separated from intuit you could still import each individual paycheck and tax payment from intuit online payroll to quicken. I have since retired, but a friend asked me to help set him up an accounting system that includes payroll for a new small business. I logged into my old intuit online payroll software account and saw that it now appears to only offer imports to quickbooks, not quicken.

So the question remains, are there any 3rd party payroll programs out there that can import transactions to quicken?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I believe the way this was done was by the payroll software exporting a QIF file and the person importing that QIF file into Quicken Windows.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • meleto3
    meleto3 Member
    Yes, it was a .qif file (not a .qfx) to import payroll from intuit online payroll when quicken was part of intuit. Does quicken have any deals with 3rd party payroll programs now to import to the quicken ledger? Sure would be helpful to have (and to know if one is available) !
This discussion has been closed.