Check Pay Biller Question

I have several billers that permit electronic payments, but do not issue ebills. This is because the payment amount is a monthly constant. Quicken Bill Pay can link to these billers and establish an entry in the Bills page, but never enables a payment because the biller never issues an invoice. As a result, a Quick Pay option is never offered for the biller and the status is always "waiting for the next bill". Why cant Bill Pay permit me to make payments to these billers?
Inaugural (Intuit) Quicken user ... still here.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RFB

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Please, also provide the name of the billers that are experiencing this issue. This will allow me to review the online biller profile to see if I am able to locate any issues that could be the cause of this.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    I am currently on Version R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14. The billers that I have issues with are Evergreen Home Loans, and MODA Health Services. Both offer eBilling and I can make electronic transfers from my bank. In the case of Evergreen Home Loans, I can successfully locate and establish an online biller entry that is validated by Quicken Bill Pay Manager, but it hangs indefinitely, always waiting for a first invoice. The choices for the biller never offer a Quick Pay option. In the case for MODA, they simply are not found as online billers, even though they offer eBilling and online payments. Do billers need to sign up or something?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RFB

Thank you for providing the name so the billers in question. I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile and these bills are listed as "Pending" this means that our service provider is working on connecting to these billers.

Globally, both of these bills do not show any activity. It appears that these bills were either supported at one time and changes to the bills are causing this behavior. It is also possible that these are newly added bills and are not yet available. I do not add details to specify which is occurring.

There is no ETA that I am able to provide when these bills will be available to add into Quicken. In the meantime, a manual bill reminder will need to be used to track these bills.

Billers do need to sign up to be a participating biller, they also need to report any website changes as well as these can lead to connectivity issues.

I apologize I do not have any steps to offer at this time to resolve this issue. However, I hope this information helps to clarify the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RFB
    RFB Member ✭✭✭
    Manual Reminder means manual payment. Not enough "Check Pay" permitted transactions in Quota, so I still need to use bank billpay and reenter in Quicken -- even though we know this biller has electronic payments enabled and I can make them from the bank billpay.

Just trying to make Quicken better !
This discussion has been closed.