Online Memorized payees not Persistent

When I memorize a payee that is an online payee the type of payee is not persistent. In other words when I first memorize the payee the Type shows as Onln but in a few days the type will change to something else like Pmt or Chk. this causes the info to not enter correctly next time I use this payee.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for your patience, this has successfully been reported.

I do not have an ETA to provide, however, I will be sure to provide updates here on his thread as more information becomes available.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-998

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Do you use the new Quicken Bill Manager to make online payment or do you use your bank's bill pay?

If using the bank's bill pay, what is the name fo the name of the bank?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I use my banks bill pay. The name of the bank is SunTrust Bank
    According to Customer Service rep this is a known issue and he escalated it.
    Using Quicken Ver R28.28 see attached image.png

Mod Edit: Adjusted photo to block out email address.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

If you have not done so already, please install the new R29.9 available here.

Once this has been installed, can you confirm that this behavior has been resolved for you?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    I installed R29.9 with no problem but the issue has not been resolved see attached image for Scana Energy. I paid this as Online payment and memorized it. It was memorized as online Payment but when I just checked it it has been changed from Online Payment to Print Check. I never print a check all payments are paid online. Also i had Locked the Payment and the Lock has also gone away.
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    My last payment to Georgia Power Company was changed also. It was paid as Online and showed in the Memorized Payee List as Online Payment and Locked but now the lock is gone and it is shown as Print Check.
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    According to Support this is a known issue having to do with the changes that were made to Online Bill pay which corrupted the Memorized payee list. please research this so you can have the same info here that Quicken Support has.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a user-to-user forum ... and we don't have access to Support tickets.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    ok but all the info i gave above is still pertinent.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for the responses and the additional details, I was able to locate your previous interactions with support.

The known issue that you are referring to is regarding Quicken Bill Manager and has been resolved. That issue is separate from the issue that you are now reporting.

The good news is I am seeing a similar issue and will be able to report this. In the example below, Amazon is an online payee and I have never written or printed a check from this file so that is unusual that is being displayed.

I have another test that I am waiting to see if I can capture the type reverting to something it should not be.

I will be sure to be back with any updates or information as soon as my testing is complete and I know more!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    Problem is not fixed. Newer Memorized Payees that are Online Payees and Locked get changed to Check and lose their lock. This keeps happening.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for the response although I apologize for the delay in following up.

There are several reports of issues with the Memorized Payee section and there is additional troubleshooting that needs to be completed to diagnose if this is a separate issue or not.

I will be back shortly to provide an update, thank you for your patience!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Jon Reinhardt

Thank you for your patience, this has successfully been reported.

I do not have an ETA to provide, however, I will be sure to provide updates here on his thread as more information becomes available.

Thank you
    -Quicken Tyka

CTP-998

~~~***~~~
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    Please fix this problem. It is very frustrating to have my memorized Locked payees just change from online to something else. When I reenter them in the list they might be ok for a few days and then one day they just lose there lock and change from Online payment to Check or something else.
  • TackH
    TackH Member
    I have experienced this exact same problem repeatedly AFTER program updates, not between. Under Memorized Payee List, the Type of Transaction for most if not all payees that had the value "Online Payee", reverts to "Print Check." I can easily fix, one at a time by opening Memorized Payee List and editing, but it's a time waste. I'm guessing that this has happened after program updates that modified the database so perhaps your update routines are dropping a pointer, index or something for the "Type of Transaction" field. Please fix.
  • TackH
    TackH Member
    P.S. Regarding the above comment, I am running the latest R30.14
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING 12/7/20

This issue is still ongoing with no ETA.

CTP-998
    ~~~***~~~
  • tkevin
    tkevin Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]
  • Tack Hammer
    Tack Hammer Member
    And this problem continues. Amazingly annoying that Quicken doesn't resolve. I have to manually go into Memorized Payee list and switch from Print Chk to Online EVERY TIME before paying payee. What a stupid, stupid, stupid pain in the A.
  • Jon Reinhardt
    Jon Reinhardt Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken, please fix this known problem.
This discussion has been closed.