How do I see account performance by year?

Options
hurwi
hurwi Mac Beta Beta
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I'd like to be able to see YTD account performance for investing accounts. When in portfolio view, it shows me gain/loss for all securities currently held for the life of the account, but I cannot see performance of all securities in the account for the year, or for other years.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    See if this gets you want you want, or at least in the neighborhood…

In Portfolio view, select Performance from the first filter. Select Group by Security in the second filter. then click the columns icon on the far right side, and double click ROI (%) 1 Year or ROI (%) YTD to add one or both of those columns. That will give you a measure of performance for each security for the current year or past 12 months. you can also add 3 year, 5 year or all time ROI columns. But you can't specify arbitrary dates, to compare, for instance, performance in 2018 versus 2019.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Interesting thank you. I wonder how that number is calculated. It doesn't match the rate of return given by the investment firm with my portfolio and it doesn't match the calculation of how I would calculate current ROI (which is closer to the rate of my return given by the investment firm):

(pe - (ps + dn)) / (ps + dn)

where:
    pe = current portfolio value
    ps = portfolio value at beginning of year
    dn = deposits made to the account throughout the year
This discussion has been closed.