Migrating Mac to PC

Options
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I can't find it. Migrating Mac to PC, and Quicken Import will accept my MANY investment accounts with thousands of transactions. Have any of you done anything when encountering this? Can't even fathom re-entering all that stuff manually. Thanks much!

Answers

• jkarnold
    jkarnold Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oops, I meant will NOT accept the investment accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but the QXF import into Quicken Windows doesn't support investment transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jkarnold
    jkarnold Member ✭✭
    Options
    Correct, hence my question. I'm thinking there must be some other people who have encountered what I did so I'm asking did you enter everything by hand or other method?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jkarnold

Thank you for the response and clarification of your question, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up answer.

If the financial institution is available, the usual recommendation would be to add the account brand new.

This new account will most likely have less transaction history, depending on the age of the previous file. However, this is likely a better option than enter history manually.

To add an account chose the (+) and enter the name of the financial institution. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.