What was the final version # for Quicken Premier 2017?

My computer crashed & I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home. After that I reinstalled my Quicken Premier 2017 using the installer file that I downloaded when I purchased it several years ago. It now says that my version is R20.5. Was that the final version that Quicken released before they discontinued supporting the product? I suspect that using the original installer set me back several versions in time. If so, how can I update to the last version Quicken ever released? The CHECK UPDATES feature no longer works. You just get a pop-up saying support for the product has been discontinued. If R20.5 was the very last version released, then I don't have a problem.

Best Answers

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The latest version for Quicken 2017 is R20.5.

You may want to download and save the Release 20.5 Mondo patch from: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • Thanks!! Looks like I am all set then. I plan to keep using my Quicken Premier 2017 forever. Can't stand the idea of paying annually for one year licenses. I only have a few stocks & I just manually update the closing values each day.
  • thecreator-b
    thecreator-b Windows Beta Beta
    My computer crashed & I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home. After that I reinstalled my Quicken Premier 2017 using the installer file that I downloaded when I purchased it several years ago. It now says that my version is R20.5. Was that the final version that Quicken released before they discontinued supporting the product? I suspect that using the original installer set me back several versions in time. If so, how can I update to the last version Quicken ever released? The CHECK UPDATES feature no longer works. You just get a pop-up saying support for the product has been discontinued. If R20.5 was the very last version released, then I don't have a problem.
    Hi @jwells6180 ,

When you install Quicken 2017 from scratch, you are automatically elevated to the last Patch, R20.5. No need to install the Mondo Patch.

Provided Users, don't stop the program from accessing the Internet.

thecreator-bTesting Quicken Subscription Beta B63.19 (Nov. 2023) Installed 24/7.
    in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3693 Quicken Classic Business & Personal

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's nice that is still can get the update automatically, but given it isn't supported any more people better get the last patch and save it for the future.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I started this thread several days ago & appreciate all the great responses. I have a follow up question. My installed version of Quicken 2017 Premier is R20.5 (Build 26.1.20.5). In my hard drive folder where I save all my application installation programs, I notice that I have a Quicken Patch. It is called QW2017R20.5MPatch. Do I need to run that Patch or does Build 26.1.20.5 already have that patch applied. If no one can answer this question, does anyone know if running the patch a second time screws up the Quicken application?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I started this thread several days ago & appreciate all the great responses. I have a follow up question. My installed version of Quicken 2017 Premier is R20.5 (Build 26.1.20.5). In my hard drive folder where I save all my application installation programs, I notice that I have a Quicken Patch. It is called QW2017R20.5MPatch. Do I need to run that Patch or does Build 26.1.20.5 already have that patch applied. If no one can answer this question, does anyone know if running the patch a second time screws up the Quicken application?
    If selecting Help > About Quicken indicates Quicken 2017 is at release R 20.5, you do not need to apply the QW2017R20.5MPatch.exe but applying the mondo patch repeatedly is not a problem.  We recommend saving the install program and the mondo patch in case you do need to reinstall Quicken 2017.
This discussion has been closed.