Overdue reminders from two years ago now appearing

Yesterday Bill & Income Reminders was correct. After clean shutdown of Quicken with file backup, and shutdown and restart of computer, Now "overdue" reminders date as much as two years ago appear in the list? These are active monthly reminders that are up to date in fact.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Before attempting to restore the Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So before opening or restoring an old Quicken file, I need to open or restore an old Quicken file, so I can delete the cloud copy of my current Quicken file, to avoid having errors in my current quicken file when I return to it?
    The other Quicken file does not need to be an old Quicken file but it does need to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Before attempting to restore the Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • I do not use the cloud at all. Have no cloud account nor any cloud datasets.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Carleton Williams

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your Quicken account and see that you have multiple files and multiple datasets. The Quicken cloud is an integral part of the Quicken program and facilitates many features.

The Quicken Cloud facilitates downloads through Express Web Connect, the use of Online Services such as eBillers/Online Billers, Investment Quote Updates, Credit Score Updates, and more.

While you can choose to not sync the data for use with the mobile or web app if you are using any of the above services Quicken will still sync to the Quicken Cloud to facilitate these services.

To learn more about the Quicken Cloud, please take a moment to review the information available here.

In regards to your current issue, I would proceed with the steps offered above by @Sherlock.

You may also contact support directly for assistance with these steps and one on one support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I do not use the cloud at all. Have no cloud account nor any cloud datasets.
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• R30.14
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    R30.14
    Then you do have a Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.   Quicken is syncing data with the cloud account even when we have not enabled sync or identified any accounts to sync.
  • So before opening or restoring an old Quicken file, I need to open or restore an old Quicken file, so I can delete the cloud copy of my current Quicken file, to avoid having errors in my current quicken file when I return to it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    So before opening or restoring an old Quicken file, I need to open or restore an old Quicken file, so I can delete the cloud copy of my current Quicken file, to avoid having errors in my current quicken file when I return to it?
    The other Quicken file does not need to be an old Quicken file but it does need to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

• Now I get it. Thank you! All my "old" quicken files, going back 20+ years, are copies. So all share the same file identifier. So opening an old file from 2010 to examine some old transactions apparently added some old reminders into the reminder storage, wherever that is.
This discussion has been closed.