After working for 4 months, I stopped seeing bills from a payee in Quicken Bill Manager

After swapping to Quicken Bill Manager, I received and paid bills for 4 months from Gainesville Regional Utilities (Gainesville, FL). The August bill never showed up. I tried recreating the connection to GRU multiple times to no avail and eventually had to pay by other means. Several days ago, they notified me that my September bill was ready, but it hasn't shown up in QBM. Again, I tried recreating my connection to GRU, but it still no bill. Is it possible to track down whether something has changed, causing GRU and QBM to be incompatible? If it helps, the GRU eBill site is hosted by totalccs.com

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Marshall Sutherland

Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this issue, although I apologize for that for any frustration that this has caused.

To clarify, QuickenLoans aka Rocket Mortgage is a separate company from Quicken Inc. 

I have checked the "Health" of this biller and there is no activity or details on this biller.

It would appear that this biller is no longer active and I would move forward as if this biller was unsupported.

This biller may be available at some point in the future however there is no ETA available on when or if that will be. Especially considering that this has already been ongoing for several months at this time.

In meantime, I would track this bill manually. I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Will give it a shot...
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall Sutherland "Is it possible to track down whether something has changed, causing GRU and QBM to be incompatible?"

Yes, we should be able to look more deeply into this for you. Quicken staff have additional internal tools to help you; contact support directly in this case.

It's more likely a case of 'GRU has not released current billing information to Quicken recently' (for some as yet undetermined reason), rather than 'GRU and QBM have become incompatible'.

Please, rather than "recreating the connection to GRU multiple times", instead click the small caret to the right of "Quick Pay", then click on Refresh Bill to prompt QBM system to query GRU's billing system on your behalf, to try to download the current bill information. 

• To clarify, I did do the refresh bill daily before resorting to recreating the connection after a week or so. I also waited until about 2 days before the bill was due before I finally gave up and paid it on their site. This was over 2 weeks after I had been notified that the bill was ready by GRU.

I just got done chatting with Support. They looked at what they could see. Their response to what they found was "The message on the system is that they will let you know if they need more information to verify but that they still trying to verify the access from quicken, you must contact them and see if they added a new security feature pin or question." I do have a request sent to GRU, so maybe they can enlighten me. On my side, if I mouse over the biller entry, I get a message "We're working on linking Gainesville Regional Utilities. We'll let you know if we need anything else." This, plus what the Support Rep told me, makes me think I have not have had a complete connection to GRU since the first time I tried recreating it.

Anyway, I'll see what GRU has to say and go from there. When I find out more, I'll update this in case it is useful to anyone else in the future.
  • Neither end can tell me why they can't connect. Inside Quicken, it still tells it is working on linking GRU. With the bill due in 3 days, I went and paid it at the GRU site again.

I have left my attempted connection alone for 2 weeks now, only asking it to update. I guess it will either start working someday or it won't. It isn't really worth it to put any more effort into this to save less than 30 seconds per month.
  • A month later, it still claims to be trying and now I notice I can't even remove it. I try the option to unlink the biller from the reminder and, other than a confirmation prompt, nothing happens. So, now I don't even have a way to start over.
  • Wait, I was able to delete the reminder. Then I was able to try again. We shall see if anything happens when the next bill comes out...
  • This is reaching the point of being totally useless. I started with 4 bills that I was paying with the new Bill Pay system and, at this point, I am down to only 1 that still works.

The GRU bill I originally started this thread about has never worked again. I stopped getting bills for my USBank credit card and Discover now rejects my bank account as being unvalidated even though I've paid my bill on their site with that account for 2 months now.

Next month, I expect not to be able to pay my QuickenLoans mortgage with Quicken!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Marshall Sutherland

Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this issue, although I apologize for that for any frustration that this has caused.

To clarify, QuickenLoans aka Rocket Mortgage is a separate company from Quicken Inc. 

I have checked the "Health" of this biller and there is no activity or details on this biller.

It would appear that this biller is no longer active and I would move forward as if this biller was unsupported.

This biller may be available at some point in the future however there is no ETA available on when or if that will be. Especially considering that this has already been ongoing for several months at this time.

In meantime, I would track this bill manually. I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.