Cant stop a recurring payment

I have a payment that quicken keeps sending automatically and I keep cancelling. When I go to Bill and Income Reminders this payment / biller is not showing in scheduled or repeating online.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @billh122

Can you give us some additional information?

Please let us know which versions of both Quicken and Windows you are currently running.  Also tell us which method you use to make online bill payments - is it Quicken Bill Manager or do you make your online payments through your bank's bill payment process - and it it is the latter - what is the bank's name?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Premier R30.14
    Windows 10 Home
    Wells Fargo

Thanks,
    Bill
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @billh122

Can you tell me which method you use to make online bill payments - is it Quicken Bill Manager or do you make your online payments through your bank's bill payment process - and it it is the latter - what is the bank's name?

Thanks,

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Through bank - Wells Fargo

Thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @billh122

Okay, so it's the bank's bill pay service rather than Quicken Bill Manager.  You said it isn't setup as a recurring payment in Quicken, and I am assuming that you checked your Wells Fargo account online, and made sure that it is not setup at the bank for repeating payments.

Since this seems to be happening only for one payee, I would suggest that you delete that payee completely in Quicken, and then set it up again as a new online payee.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• That's the problem. Quicken won't let me delete it because there are recurring payments, it says. But there are none showing. Catch 22.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2021
    Hello @billh122 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the steps found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• No, those are all easy steps that I tried on my own. This transaction is not in my bill and income reminders list - repeating online tab. So there is nothing to delete. Quicken keeps sending the transaction and I keep cancelling. I am up to 2023 now. I can't delete the online payee because it says transaction are pending but there are none. Catch 22. It's a bug in the system. I guess I can't get help here. Thanks for trying.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @billh122 Thanks for the update and for trying the steps found in the support article provided previously, though I am sorry to hear that the issue continues to persist.

Unfortunately, since the steps you have tried so far have failed to resolve this for you, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.