Convert to a Lending Loan Account doesn't appear in the Account Actions dropdown

heinelg
heinelg Member ✭✭
I'm making loan to a family member and the quicken Help for Lender Loan describes the process except that in step 4 there is no action to convert the asset to a Lending Loan

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suspect you may not have created the appropriate type of asset account.  I do think the instructions are a bit dated and vague on this point.

Select Tools > Add Account...

Answers

• heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2020, Version R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14 with a valid membership.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

In step 3, you should open the asset account, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Convert to a Lending Loan....:

Then is step 4, you should be able to select Convert:

• heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    That option does not appear int he dropdown. Unfortunately I don't see how to attach a screenshot to demonstrate.
  • heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    In this Quicken Help URL, there are no editing tools above the text box in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox for Mac, only some emojis.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @heinelg, You started this thread in a QWin  forum.  Are you actually running QMac?  Which would nullify ALL of the advice you've so far received.
    IF you are indeed running QWin, why did you reference Safari and QMac in the post immediately preceding this one?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    No, I'm running Quicken Windows using Parallels.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    heinelg said:
    In this Quicken Help URL, there are no editing tools above the text box in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox for Mac, only some emojis.
    To attach a screen capture to a comment you are editing, drag and drop the file on to the text edit box.
  • heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock!

Screen shots of About Quicken and Actions dropdown attached.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suspect you may not have created the appropriate type of asset account.  I do think the instructions are a bit dated and vague on this point.

Select Tools > Add Account...

• heinelg
    heinelg Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock! That worked. I have cfreated the account about 5 or 6 times using different asset types but not that one. None of the others offered the Convert to a Lending Loan option.
This discussion has been closed.