Cannot change the date of a reminder...

Options
I have a bill that was due on the 5th of the month. I entered if for January and it was actually deducted from my account on Dec 20th. All good so far.

The next reminder shows 2/5
The biller has officially changed the official due date to Feb 1

When I try to change the reminder to 2/1, Quicken tells me "I cannot change the date of a reminder to a date earlier than I paid my last bill". Obviously incorrect on several counts as bill was paid 12/20 or 1/5 at the latest depending on what data you are considering.

I tried doing this while linked and after unlinking the online biller. Same issue.

Got a fix?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you delete and recreate the manual bill reminder.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    Have not yet tried that. Did not want to lose the history for that online blller. If no other way,, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
    You might try cutting the reminder transaction, resetting the reminder's due date, and pasting the transaction but you will lose the Downloaded fields in the pasted transaction.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876084/cant-adjust-bill-reminder-date

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you delete and recreate the manual bill reminder.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have not yet tried that. Did not want to lose the history for that online blller. If no other way,, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    You might try cutting the reminder transaction, resetting the reminder's due date, and pasting the transaction but you will lose the Downloaded fields in the pasted transaction.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876084/cant-adjust-bill-reminder-date
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I shall check the link. Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Took three tries after unlinking, deleting the reminder and changing dates and relinking but now where I would like it. Should be easier, but all's well...

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.