Asset Allocation Set Target link is broken

On my Investment Asset Allocation screen, the target for all of the asset classes have been reset to 0%. If I select the link for Set Target, it only opens up the help page for asset allocation, it does not bring up the page to edit the asset allocation. Somebody broke something in a recent update.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @LexLuther

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Hello@Bananabowl 

Thank you for posting in the Community today, though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

In the top right corner, choose the gear icon as shown below.

Choose change target allocations and make your changes as needed. Did this fix the problem? Let us know so that we can provide further assistance if required.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana  

• Bananabowl
    Bananabowl Member ✭✭
    I stumbled on another fix before your reply. I clicked unintentionally on the circle chart under target, and it opened the correct change target window, instead of opening just the help for the asset allocation. I entered my desired allocations. After saving those, now the Change Target link works as it should, instead of bringing up the help page like it did when my allocations were all set to zeroes. The link under the cog works, but I can't say if it would have worked before I "fixed" the allocations. Something was definitely wrong with that Change Target link. I have used it many times before, and I checked it over and over before I posted my original post.
  • LexLuther
    LexLuther Member ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same problem. My target allocation has disappeared. It is now set to 100% Unclassified. I usually look at this screen about once a month, so I can only say it has happened recently. But here's the real problem .. if I restore from backup .. even from 6-8 months ago, I still can't see the target allocation that was set at the time!

Tracking asset allocation is one of the most important functions in Quicken. What can I do to find out how I had it set before it broke? Am I going to have to restore a downlevel of Quicken to find out? I don't even know how I could do that.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @LexLuther

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • LexLuther
    LexLuther Member ✭✭✭
    There is more detail in another thread, but I found a workaround for me. I loaded a copy of the database into R26 and the target allocation appeared correctly. There's no need for me to waste any more time on this, but you can recreate the problem as follows:

1) In a version of Quicken prior to R30, set a target allocation.
    2) Upgrade to R30
    3) The target allocation that you set previously appears to be gone, but is in fact still in the database.

P.S. I contacted support and got no response whatsoever.
  • SkiRX
    SkiRX Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issue for a week or two; target allocation wipes out values you entered and sets target to 100% Unclassified. I have no desire to spend time on the phone with tech support explaining the problem because I could not tell you exactly when it started happening and I'm not sure I can reproduce it; all I know is I've reentered my targets at least twice in the last couple weeks and after a number of days (maybe related to updates as a previous customer noted?) they disappear. Quicken, please fix this before your next update!
  • NorbertD
    NorbertD Member
    Happened to me too, my Target Allocation is 100% No Asset Class. I can't believe this bug got released, this is a major issue. I count on Quicken for tracking this and rebalancing when needed, this needs to be addressed ASAP. Definitely before year's end.
  • LexLuther
    LexLuther Member ✭✭✭
    After I was able to recover my data using a down-level of Quicken, it has remained in place. The data is lost during the upgrade to R30, although the data actually remains in the database somewhere .. you just can't see it or use it.

I am disappointed in Quicken this time. I gave @Quicken_Tyka step by step repro instructions above and got zero response.
  • JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    Getting this as well, seeing my Target Allocation is 100% No Asset Class, I reset the allocation, closed quicken re opened and its back to 100% No Asset Class
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    I just want to comment that I have the exact same problem, all of my target allocations are gone since the last update.
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    I am seeing a couple different problems:
    1) I have assigned an custom asset class to a security, in my case it was "Consumer Staples" and it was assigned to Custom8. When I go to the asset allocation window, that asset class always shows 0.0000%. It doesn't appear to be rolling up. The others do.
    2) When you hover over the target allocation graph in the asset allocation report, it says Custom1, etc.... It should show what you the custom asset class is mapped to, like "Consumer Staples".
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    Update, I think I figured part of it out. When you do Investing -> Allocations it appears to zero out any "custom category" that is below a certain size and puts it in "Other Asset Class". The problem is, that it still appears to show all "Custom Asset Classes" in the report, but with it zeroed out to 4 decimal places. I understand the report has to do this or it will be double counting. In other words, the report should either:
    1) Zero it out, include it as Other Asset Class, and not show it
    2) Not zero it out, show it, and not include it in Other Asset Class

Seems like a display bug where someone decided to show the custom asset classes independent of whether they were zeroed out.

Personally, I would say to not zero it out here and show it as you only have a limited number of asset classes, 17 + unclassified. But it isn't that big of deal, what is more important that you don't zero it out to 4 decimal places and show it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @fjsingel

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what release of Quicken you are using. 

Are you able to capture a screenshot of the issues you are seeing? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    Here you go:
    Quicken 2020
    Version R30.14
    Build 27.1.30.14

2 attachments,
    1) one from Investing -> Allocations
    2) one from Reports -> Investing -> Investment Asset Allocation

You can see how Consumer Staples is zeroed out in the first, but not the latter.
  • AndrewFuqua
    AndrewFuqua Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I also have this problem. I've put much thought into my asset allocation targets and have always trusted Quicken to be the place where I store those. Really sucks for my information to be lost.

[removed - off-topic/rant/disruptive]