Do transactions maintain their reconciled status post upgrade?

I took the plunge and upgrade from Quicken UK 2002 Windows to the latest Mac version - via Money and Quicken 2013 (I couldn't get it to work going through Quicken 2004). And after a bit of persistence, I'm liking it. Still miss the old version 2002 simplicity and colours!

Thanks for the tips from this group.

All my numbers and accounts tally up after some minor edits but one final question...

When I go to reconcile one of my check accounts or credit card accounts, will all the transactions previously reconciled back in version 2002, still be tagged as reconciled - after the Money to Quicken 2013 to Mac version upgrade path.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    NotACPA said:
    There should be some way to mass select transactions and then mass change their reconciled status.
    But since I use QWin, I can't give more specific advice.
    In Quicken Mac, you can select multiple transactions and right-click to Set Status of Selected Transactions to Cleared (blue checkmark). But you cannot set the status of a group of transactions to Reconciled (green checkmark). You can manually set a single transaction to Reconciled by Option-clicking in the Cleared column twice (the first sets it to Cleared, the second to Reconciled), but I'm not aware of a way to do this with multiple transaction selected. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Your data isn't stored in the program ... it' stored in the Q data files, which (if I'm recalling correctly) have a QDFM suffix in QMac.
    SO, a program upgrade shouldn't change ANY info in your data files.
    NOTE, however  the Win to Money to QMac conversions COULD cause some data change.  Print lots of reports in your QWin and then produce the same reports in QMac to verify those conversions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jnoble100
    jnoble100 Member ✭✭
    Yeah that was my thinking, the Money route might have caused a problem. If the reconciled status is missing, what's the best route to now go through an reconcile them where they should be already reconciled?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check HELP  in your QMac.  There should be some way to mass select transactions and then mass change their reconciled status.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    I would think that for each account, you'd take you most recent statement, or perhaps one earlier, or perhaps last year-end, reconcile in Quicken, click the button to check all transactions prior to the ending date, and it will all balance and you'll complete the reconciliation to mark all the past transactions reconciled. The process is no different if you're reconciling just the past month or the past 20 years.

Now, the problem will come if Quicken says you're out of balance; you'll have to decide whether to try to hunt down the problem by going further back in time to do reconciliations, or to make an adjustment so Quicken finds everything in balance. If your accounts were properly in balance before, and all your transactions came across, then it should be in balance now. But with all the conversions now, plus upgrade to Quicken in the past, there's always a chance there's something screwy in your transaction history.
  • jnoble100
    jnoble100 Member ✭✭
    Thanks guys, just waiting for the next statement to do a reconciliation with.
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    NotACPA said:
    There should be some way to mass select transactions and then mass change their reconciled status.
    In Quicken Mac, you can select multiple transactions and right-click to Set Status of Selected Transactions to Cleared (blue checkmark). But you cannot set the status of a group of transactions to Reconciled (green checkmark). You can manually set a single transaction to Reconciled by Option-clicking in the Cleared column twice (the first sets it to Cleared, the second to Reconciled), but I'm not aware of a way to do this with multiple transaction selected. 
  • jnoble100
    jnoble100 Member ✭✭
    Confirmed that transactions did keep their reconciled status. Result.
This discussion has been closed.