Why are saved reports randomly modified when a new account gets added to Quicken

fciani
fciani Member ✭✭✭
I have reports saved for single accounts. Whenever I add a new account, the report gets modified by automatically selecting several random accounts. I then have to revise all my saved reports.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is considered a feature.  As in when you add accounts/categories wants to add them to the saved ones.
    Make sure you have the following selected in the saved report, then at least it will warning and give you the option not to change the report.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks. I would disagree on it being a feature. If anything, it should be a flag that the user sets - either auto update with new accounts or no auto update with new accounts.

[removed-speculation]
  • fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭✭
    I would put this back out for discussion. Adding new accounts by default to saved reports that are account specific is NOT a feature. It is a disaster. The checkbox to show alerts does nothing. I have many reports that are account specific so when I add a new account ALL my reports are corrupted. Business accounts are added to personal account reports. Personal accounts are added to business account reports. Investing accounts, rental accounts are the same. I have to manually check each and every report and change them back to my original intentions. They are all corrupted.

Again, this is NOT a feature.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    "The checkbox to show alerts does nothing."
    That's certainly not my experience.  I have a large handful of saved reports and if I add a Category or Account I'll be notified then next time I open one of them:
    After ticking that checkbox you might have to close then open Quicken to get this alert to come up.
    Here's what Quicken Help says about this:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    •   Show me change alerts for this report

Select this check box to have Quicken alert you when you're recalling a saved report to which new categories, tags, or securities might apply. For this alert to apply, you must have already saved the report after customizing it to include only a subset of the available categories, tags, or securities. This is because the purpose of this alert is to check whether the new item should be added to the subset included in the report. If the saved report already includes all categories, tags, or securities by default, Quicken automatically includes the new items in the report without first displaying an alert.

This discussion has been closed.