How can i get sales taxes on invoice ?

Options
Can't get sales taxes on invoice but have it on estimate. Even if i convert the estimate after
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to create a Sales Tax  invoice item, and assign the correct tax percentage to it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• pouky
    pouky Member ✭✭
    Options
    already done but cant see on invoice. Like i said if i do an estimate i see the 2 taxes so there is another problem
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not automatic.  You need to include the Sales Tax item  on the invoice, just as you included other invoice items.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the US version only:
    Do you have your *Sales Tax* account set up?
    The account may already exist in your Account List, but it may be marked hidden. Unhide it.
    Does the account name show in the Customer Invoice's Tax Account field? And, selecting <Edit> in the account selection pulldown, have you set up the Tax Rate default?
    Are all taxable invoice line items marked taxable, either in the line item description dialog or, in the invoice data entry form, column "T"?
  • Philip Morin
    Philip Morin Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't see column 'T' in the invoice register.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see column 'T' in the invoice register.

It's not in the invoice register, it's in the New Customer Invoice data entry form.

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-windows

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
    Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more details.
    Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.

• Louis J Tetrault
    Options
    When I create an estimate, the taxes appear but when I convert to an Invoice the taxes disappear and are not include in the invoice. I can't seem to create an invoice which include the Taxes
  • pouky
    pouky Member ✭✭
    Options
    when you opened the account receivable, the program asked you if you want to track the sales tax. Probably you answered "no". You have to close your account receivable and open a new one with the answer "yes" at the beginning of process.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Canadian Quicken user, you need to go an extra step about activating Tax Tracking before this will work. Please read this discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7715804/canada-sales-tax-not-working-on-invoices
This discussion has been closed.