Duplicate Transactions in Banking Accounts

Options
I have downloaded checking and savings transfers but Quicken is not matching them in their accounts. E.G., when I change the name of the downloaded transaction in checking and indicate that it was a transfer from a savings account, rather than finding its match in that savings account, it creates a duplicate entry.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jcrosby718,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Have you tried dragging and dropping the duplicate entry it creates to the downloaded transaction match? Even though doing this is technically performing a manual match, it can also help teach the program to remember the match in the future, prompting it to auto-match the transactions during your next transaction download session.

Alternatively, if you haven't tried to do so already, you can also try creating QuickFill Rules to save the Payee name(s) with the correct Transfer category and account(s) and see if that helps avoid the duplication. 

Steps to create QuickFill Rules:
    1. navigate to the Window menu tab (at the top of your Mac screen
    2. Select Payees & Rules in the dropdown
    3. Once the window opens, click on the QuickFill Rules tab
    4. Click the -sign on the bottom-left corner to create a new QuickFill Rule

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @jcrosby718,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Have you tried dragging and dropping the duplicate entry it creates to the downloaded transaction match? Even though doing this is technically performing a manual match, it can also help teach the program to remember the match in the future, prompting it to auto-match the transactions during your next transaction download session.

Alternatively, if you haven't tried to do so already, you can also try creating QuickFill Rules to save the Payee name(s) with the correct Transfer category and account(s) and see if that helps avoid the duplication. 

Steps to create QuickFill Rules:
    1. navigate to the Window menu tab (at the top of your Mac screen
    2. Select Payees & Rules in the dropdown
    3. Once the window opens, click on the QuickFill Rules tab
    4. Click the -sign on the bottom-left corner to create a new QuickFill Rule

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.