Quick Pay not allowing future payments

So the Quicken online bill payment has been a bit of a hot mess, but I finally figured it out and have been using it since the transition from the older system earlier this year.

Now, suddenly, I'm unable to schedule a Quick Pay payment for a future date. Quicken insists that the only valid payment date is today. This completely eliminates any value in the online bill payment (if I need to remember to log in and pay my bill specifically on the day it's due, what's the point?)

I don't understand why Quicken would have eliminated the ability to schedule payments in advance, this is one of the main reasons I continue to use Quicken.

What gives?

I'm using Quicken for Mac Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave in SF

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To better assist you, can you please provide the name of the bill in question that you are unable to schedule?

Also, when you were last able to schedule a payment for this bill?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • PhilipBlank
    PhilipBlank Member ✭✭
    I have the exact same problem. The ONLY way that Quicken appears to allow you to set a date in the future is if you have received a an electronic bill. If you have received an electronic bill, you can set a pay date in the future. Even if you have previously paid electronically, if you have not received a 'current' electronic bill, and you try and do a quick pay, it insists that you pay the same day.

I presume that paying bills ahead of time (for those of us who travel a lot and who find the mobile app pretty useless) was something that the developers did not think about.

Perhaps the ability to schedule a Quick Pay transaction without having already received an electronic bill could be included on a future release.

Another alternative would be to give payment capability to the mobile application which, for all intents and purposes, is pretty useless (sorry).

Thanks,

Phil
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PhilipBlank

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share this feedback. If you have not done so already I would recommend visiting the Idea section of the Community to add your vote to any relevant feature requests.

https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_paying_bills_windows

There is also an ongoing request to add the bill pay to the mobile app at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7641643/bill-pay-through-mobile-app-4-legacy-votes#latest

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The payee is Chase Bank (credit card payment.) I have scheduled them in advance before, but suddenly the last couple of times I am unable to do so.

Subsequent to my last message, I got another bill from a different payee, and I was able to schedule that payment in advance. So it seems kind of random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

David
  • John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    I just encountered this issue with Chase, trying to schedule a payment for 1/11/21, but Quicken insisting that "Biller requires a dqte of 12/28/2020 or earlier":

• John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    Also, I was able to schedule the last four monthly payments to that same account.
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    I just encountered this issue with Chase, trying to schedule a payment for 1/11/21, but Quicken insisting that "Biller requires a dqte of 12/28/2020 or earlier":

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I encountered.  The future-dated payments had worked fine in the past, but suddenly it was insisting that the payment date had to be today.

Glad I'm not the only one!
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know why this thread is marked "Answered" because I have not seen an answer from Quicken.  I am having the same problem now with my Citi credit card, as well as my Chase cards, even though I've paid them with "Quick Pay", in advance, in every previous month since I switched over to the new Quicken Bill Pay in August.

Like everyone else, I am now paying a significant annual fee to use Quicken, and this is totally unacceptable, it makes the bill payment feature completely useless to me, and I would never have switched to the new Quicken if I'd known the bill payment didn't work.

I know that it CAN work because it worked just fine for several months but has now stopped working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why this thread is marked "Answered" because I have not seen an answer from Quicken. 
    "Answered" means that someone replied to the question, not that the question was "solved" or answered to the satisfaction of the person posting the question.  If the person asking the question or a moderator marks a comment as " Accepted Answer" then the comment is marked with "Accepted Answer" and a copy of that comment it pushed to the top of the thread.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I don't know why this thread is marked "Answered" because I have not seen an answer from Quicken. 
    "Answered" means that someone replied to the question, not that the question was "solved" or answered to the satisfaction of the person posting the question.  If the person asking the question or a moderator marks a comment as " Accepted Answer" then the comment is marked with "Accepted Answer" and a copy of that comment it pushed to the top of the thread.
    Thanks for clarifying!  :smile:
  • k3lavine
    k3lavine Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue as the screenshots above with several billers. I found by accident that if I did a Refresh of the bill (under the QuickPay dropdown), it then allowed me to enter a future date.
  • John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭✭
    "if I did a Refresh of the bill"

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that if this happens again (knock on plastic keyboard).
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    k3lavine said:
    I had the same issue as the screenshots above with several billers. I found by accident that if I did a Refresh of the bill (under the QuickPay dropdown), it then allowed me to enter a future date.
    A vote of thanks from me, too, I'll try that when I inevitably encounter this problem again. 
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, this suggestion doesn't work for me.  I am still unable to schedule any Quick Pay payments for my Chase accounts.  This is super frustrating.  I am paying for a bill payment service that doesn't work.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave in SF

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of the test, although I apologize that we have been unable to further isolate the cause of the issue.

At this point, I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

Support has the tools to perform a review of the logs to help locate the cause of the issue to be able to provide additional steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mimi116
    mimi116 Member
    edited January 2021
    [Removed-Inaccurate/Rant]
  • Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    Now Quicken seems to be censoring responses here.  Someone else posted a similar comment and it was quickly deleted.  But I also tried to call in more than once and couldn't get through.  The bill payment feature just doesn't work most of the time and there doesn't seem to be a solution.  (I've already wasted hours on this problem and I guess I need to waste more hours trying to call in about it.  That's not how this should work.)

I hope somebody is escalating this problem to people who can actually investigate and fix it, because this feature is what pushed me over the hump to subscribe.  If it doesn't work, I'll look for alternatives.
This discussion has been closed.