Creating List of Accounts as (Excel) File

Over the years have gotten a very large number of credit cards for the sign up bonus. Most of these are now closed.

Banks rules on giving signup bonuses are complex and constantly changing.

For example Amex has a once is a lifetime rule for each credit card product.

I want to generate a spreadsheet with all my account names and the information in "Account Details" pop up (right click on account name).

I am especially interested in capturing the info in comments box as first line of comments is where I always put the full account number.

Ideally each line of comment box would export as separate spreadsheet cell as I have always put the full account number in the first line of comment box

Ideally I would like to include if the account is hidden or visible as that would indicate if the credit card is still open or has been closed.

Ideally I would like to capture the date of first and last entry in each account as that would give me a good indication of when account was opened and closed.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    SFvalue said:
    The comments I am after is not of any individual transaction (aka memo) line in registry . What I am trying to capture is the the account name and comments box shown on the "Account Details" pop up window in the when right clicking on any account in list on the left side of registry. I always put the full account number as the first line in that comment box
    That is what the instructions give.

Select Tools -> Account List (or Ctrl+a) which gives you:

Then Select the Options button

Here is were you select the columns you want.  Be sure to select the "Include additional info when printing" it includes the comments.  And you probably want the description column.

Then select the print icon.

Then select the Export to: and select the .PRN... option.

Then the Export button.
    This will give you a "Create Disk File" dialog where you can choose where to save the file and what the name should be.  Make the file name end in .CSV as shown below.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You can get "some of your wishes".

Ctrl+A, select the Options tab to select the fields you want, be sure to turn on "Include additional information when printing".

Select the printer icon.  Change to Export to: and select .PRN (this is actually .CSV format).  Be sure to end your file name with .CSV.  You can open that .CSV file in Excel.
    Signature:
  • SFvalue
    SFvalue Member ✭✭
    Chris - Thanks for answering - but if your willing I am going to need to neophyte version. Step by step.

I assume I am starting in "Report and Graphs" but have no idea what report form to start with nor what screen I am on when I hit Ctrl+A. Nor do I understand why to use Print rather then export

If all I can get is a list of all the account names and comment field I can handle manually edit and enter everything else
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neophyte version:

From the top menu, click on Tools then Account List (that's the Ctrl-A)
    Click on Options at the bottom and pick the data you want to see and also select "Include additional info when printing"
    Click on the printer icon at the bottom left
    You are using the antique print and export options Chris recommends because this is a legacy report, probably left over from Quicken DOS.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • SFvalue
    SFvalue Member ✭✭
    You gentlemen underestimate what a compete neophyte I am .

I did change the setting to include additional info

The comments I am after is not of any individual transaction (aka memo) line in registry . What I am trying to capture is the the account name and comments box shown on the "Account Details" pop up window in the when right clicking on any account in list on the left side of registry. I always put the full account number as the first line in that comment box
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    SFvalue said:
    That is what the instructions give.

Select Tools -> Account List (or Ctrl+a) which gives you:

Then Select the Options button

Here is were you select the columns you want.  Be sure to select the "Include additional info when printing" it includes the comments.  And you probably want the description column.

Then select the print icon.

Then select the Export to: and select the .PRN... option.

Then the Export button.
    This will give you a "Create Disk File" dialog where you can choose where to save the file and what the name should be.  Make the file name end in .CSV as shown below.

Signature:
  • SFvalue
    SFvalue Member ✭✭
    IT WORKED!

On behalf of neophytes everywhere my most sincere thanks!
This discussion has been closed.