How do custom allocations work

I have been selecting the accounts I want included in the allocation in the Accounts drop down and then the securities within those accounts in the Securities drop down. I often forget to add a new security after investing in one.
So, if I select the accounts I want, if I select All securities, will only the securities in the accounts I specified be tallied? Or do I have to continue selecting the securities as well?
Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ellary Kahan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what release of Quicken you are using. 

Are you able to capture a screenshot of the issues you are seeing?  

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Ellary Kahan
    Ellary Kahan Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I'm on Quicken Premier R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit build 19041.685
    A screen shot would not be relevant as there is only one allocation page within the investments tab and my question pertains to how to set up the accounts and securities that make up an allocation.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Accounts and Securities menus are both filters. If you filter by accounts, only the securities in those accounts will be shown when All Securities is selected.
    Try filtering by one account at a time with All Securities selected and watch the changes.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer to your question is Yes.  If you select a subset of all account, the reports and views only include the securities owned within that subset of accounts.  You do not need to set limits on both securities and accounts.     

You have not been specific about what allocations you are referring to, but I believe my statement applies to Portfolio X-Ray allocation information as well as more basic Quicken summaries.  The difference with the portfolio X-Ray summaries is that the summary would only be inclusive of 'exchange traded securities'.  Securities such as municipal bond that don't qualify to Morningstar as exchange traded would not be figured in their evaluation.