Printing Receipts

I can view past receipts during a selected date range... How can I print that 'report'?
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Press Ctrl + P
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "receipts" do you actually mean the Q transactions where you received money?
    Because Q (any version) can't actually print receipts (such as one might get from a purchase or expense transaction with a vendor).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Not ACPA: No... the receipts I'm talking about are those I might provide my renter when I receive their Rent Money.
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Sherlock: Nope... no program response with <CRTL>delete
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Sherlock: Nope... no program response with <CRTL>delete
    Press Ctrl + P means to press and hold the Ctrl key and then press and release the P key.  Note:  That is a P as in Print.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not ACPA: No... the receipts I'm talking about are those I might provide my renter when I receive their Rent Money.

Simply buy,from any supply store, a book of blank receipt forms (multi-part would be good) and use them to provide a hand-written receipt.  The duplicate would serve as your reminder to input the transaction into Q.
    Because while you CAN print a report of all transactions received from a tenant, you CAN'T print, from Q, receipts for individual transactions.

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Well, Actually I do print individual receipts that I hand over to the tenant monthly. And my really screwed up typing... I did mean <CTRL>P not <CTRL>DELETE. That was silly of me...

So, I guess there is no way for me to print an actual "transaction" list of receipts issued. That's fine, at least I can see them on the screen and I 'could' use my snipping tool if I realy want to print out that part of the screen. It just seems strange there is no print option within Quicken For this purpose and why the PC shortcut is blocked.

Thank you .. Dave
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Just to clarify:
    One can print individual rent receipts, as you record the Rent Received transaction in Q HB&R (2020, latest patch level). But there doesn't appear to be a direct method to print a history report from the Rent Center.
    As to printing a history of all transactions for Payee = Scrooge McDuck, have you tried a Spending by Payee report (from the Reports & Graphs Center)?
    Choose the desired date range. When the report pops up, double click on the Payee Name to drill down and get transaction details as follows.
    Would that meet your needs?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAAHHH, @UKR, thanks for the correction.  I've never had a need for the Rental functions of HBR, so I'd never seen that before.

This discussion has been closed.