Error OL-221-A (OL-221-B) on Lowe's Cr Card/Synchrony Bank download

I Have received a OL-221-A error message for several weeks when trying to download my Lowe's Cr. Card activity (Synchrony Bank). I have deleted the online services and reinstalled several times to no avail. I have also tried to export activity directly from my Lowe's/Synchrony account and I get the same error.
I noticed several older posts for a similar error, but there did not seem to be a solution.
Anyone have a solution for this problem?

Answers

• Chance7
    Chance7 Member ✭✭
    I contacted Synchrony Bank a few months ago via their chat, per the discussion, they do not support other companies, ie Quicken etc, from downloading transactions directly to the software.
  • jmmdownhilQuI
    jmmdownhilQuI Member ✭✭
    I can sort of understand not allowing "direct" downloads FROM Quicken. But the "export" function on my Lowe's / Synchrony account has a menu option to download to Quicken. When selected it does something but when it gets to Quicken I get the error code. Why?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The support article on the subject lists the OL-221 error cause as:

This error may be caused by your system date and time settings.

To adjust these settings in Windows:

1. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
    2. Click Clock, Language, and Regional, and then click Date and Time.
    3. Click Change Date and Time to set the right time and date settings.

If you are still receiving this error after adjusting the date and time settings, this could indicate an issue with the QFX file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you have tried contacting Synchrony and have not gained any traction. If the initial steps above do not correct the issue, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support to report the issue and to request that the agent contact Synchrony with you to help request an escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jmmdownhilQuI
    jmmdownhilQuI Member ✭✭
    Well, looks like i had a successful 3 hour chat session with Quicken Tech Edith.
    The problem apparently was with my Quicken file, and not Lowes/Synchrony.
    She tried a lot of things. Not sure what the problem was but it appears to be fixed. Among other things the Q file was re validated several times, logs were reviewed and uploaded to Quicken which identified a previously unknown error code (CC511). Finally copied and renamed to file and successfully downloaded Lowes/Synchrony account activity. Hope the fix sticks.
  • Marie z.
    Marie z. Member
    I’m having the same issue with Keybank transaction download. Tech doesn’t seem to understand what the issue is. Any specifics on how yours got fixed?
  • Key seemed to be to re validate the file, then copy and rename the file. See my original message for more details.
    I have not had any transactions recently so it is difficult to determine if the download still works, although the "last download" date is current and I have not had any download errors in the "Update Summary".
This discussion has been closed.