My software (Quicken) freezes up when I try to work with creating invoices. Any sugestions?

When I try to create or even work on invoices my software freezes up. I have to use my computors' task manager to close Quicken and then I can re-open it.
The rest of my transaction in Quicken seem to be fine.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? - C:\Users\Lenovo\Google Drive\Quicken 201909\Quicken Files - 20190907\Quicken files\VALIDATE\QDATA
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? - Not sure what this means, but if the “Controlled folder access” not enabled by default, I would not have enabled it manually.
    Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? - I am using Google Drive to backup the Quicken data file.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Try moving you Quicken data file to a local folder. C:\Users\Lenovo\Documents\Quicken

Quicken doesn't support opening the data file from a cloud drive.
  • Ok thanks, I did that, didn't change much, Quicken freezes up when I create a custom invoice.
    It does save the customized invoice model, but freezes up and does not allow me to continu. I have to close using "task manager" and re-open Quicken, the I can use Quicken and use the invoice model I created without any clitch. Should I re-install Quicken? Or just live with it?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I would try booting your computer into Safe Mode with Networking and then creating an invoice.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    1) Where in Quicken are you when Quicken hangs?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

2) Because you had multiple crashes ...
    Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.

Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• This process seems to have worked. Thank you very much!!!
This discussion has been closed.