Create a new Budget for 2021 based on 2020 transactions

Options
TonyM
TonyM Member ✭✭
I did not do a budget in 2020 and want to create a 2021 budget based on the 2020 data. If I use Create Budget it sets the budget year to 2021, Ii could not see a way to change the budget year to 2020. If I could change it then then I could duplicate it for 2021 (I think) . So - how do I do it? [Removed - Sarcastic/Unhelpful] Thanks in advance for any replies.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @TonyM

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would try to navigate to the Planning and select the back button below I am given the option to create a 2020 budget.

I believe the middle option is what you are looking for, however, you may want to explore the options to see if they give you what you need.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TonyM
    TonyM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. However it did not work. In fact I can't even create a budget for 2021 manually. Quicken says it will create the budget categories from the Category List. However it will not import my budget categories to the Budget. This happens when I try your suggestion for 2020 too. It creates the Months across the top but no categories are imported to the budget from the category list. I tried both methods offered: Manually select
    categories and Let quicken select categories from Category List. In both cases I get a blank left hand category column. It seems as if something is corrupted in the system. The attached file shows the categories I picked from the Budget Actions menu and the resulting budget with no categories. What's next?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.