One Step Update not working?

Options
Hi - I had to restore a back up late last week. Since then, none of my accounts are updating. The one step update window opens, the account status in the window next to each account says 'Waiting', and then 'Processing Data' next to each account with the gear icon, then the window closes. There aren't any errors, but nothing updates.
I feel like this happened before and there was a set of steps I did to get it back. I have a lot of accounts, typically the update cycles through each account and there's a change in status. I contacted support and they said to reset each account. I did that but nothing changed.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

This other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • Katie Poteat
    Katie Poteat Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks - I did this. The status on the One Step Update Progress screen still looks the same (ie, the status doesn't change, it just says Waiting, then Processing data, then the window closes). This only seems to be happening with bank and credit card accounts, investment accounts are the same as in the past, cycling through Waiting, then sending online instructions, etc. and transactions are downloading. Bank and credit cards say they are updated, but no transactions are downloading and the online balance is missing.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Katie Poteat

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.