Why does a verified Check Pay account spontaneously become disabled requiring micro deposits again?

jnprop
jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
I have had this issue at least 5 times now. For no apparent reason, when working in Bill Manager, specifically when issuing a Check Pay payment. I have several accounts set up for check pay and it has happened to all of them. So now I can't send my Check Pay payment since I have to wait for the micro deposits to verify the account again. Overall, my opinion of the Check Pay component of Bill Manager is very unreliable! In addition to this issue, I have had 3 checks initiated that never made it to my biller. And one currently that was initiated in November that I must now check on. So really 4 since Bill Manager started. That is unacceptable!!! With Bill Pay I never had a bill not paid or a check that did not ever make it.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jnprop

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

This is typically caused by restoring a backup--do you recall if you had to restore a backup at any point? This issue has been reported however the exact cause has been difficult to isolate.

Do recall any changes prior to the Check Pay verification being lost?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka HI! Yes I do believe I am working from a back-up. I was involved in the spontaneous deleting of accounts related to Express Web Connect. I posted about that issue and several others did as well. My link is here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883258/quicken-deleting-accounts-spontaneously#latest

HOWEVER, I do recall this happening before that. It has happened several times now. Also, my online bills in general have been slow to update or not updating at all lately. I even missed a couple of bills because of this. I run my rental company with Quicken and probably have 40+ billers (online & manual) I have had more issues with Quicken lately than I ever remember. Ive been using Quicken for years.... at least 10+... maybe more....

Thanks!
    Parrish
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To avoid late check fees, I would recommend you send your payments by Check Pay up to 3 weeks early.
    • Due to the COVID-19 virus, the check printing facility seems to be a tad slow
    • Ditto for the US Mail service or the check was lost in the mail
    • Ditto for the check processing facility at the biller or they could not process the check because it did not contain a correct biller account number
    As a better alternative, I recommend allowing the biller to automatically withdraw the payment on the Due Date directly from your checking account (or a credit card). Electronic Direct Pay, PAC Draft, Auto-Pay or whatever the biller calls it usually processes within a day or two.
    If all else fails, do it the old-fashioned way, write (or print with Quicken) and mail a paper check, giving about 10 days time for the check to arrive and be processed by the biller.
    You just need to make sure that your checking account has sufficient balance to avoid NSF penalty fees.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR Thank you for the suggestions. They are good suggestions! However, three checks never making it all doesn't mean things are backed up. Quicken is a paid for service and I would like for the software to function properly. You are essentially telling me don't use Check Pay! Which I beginning to think is a very good idea!!! :)
    I like to initiate my bill payments. I have never been a fan of auto payment. I like to look at bills monthly and absorb them. But that's just me. And writing a check and mailing again negates the need for Quicken and this particular function....But again, I do appreciate your time responding!!!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.