Split Transactions don't show up properly in reports

Tammy C
Tammy C Member
I enter my transactions as splits with the income (payment received) and the expense (credit card processing fee). However when I run the income/expense report, the credit card processing fees are coming up as negative income instead of expense.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I suggest you examine the credit card processing fee category and verify the category is of Expense type and is not associated with an income tax-line item.  You may also want to check the tax-line item associated with the entry in the split.
  • Tammy C
    Tammy C Member
    It is listed as a subcategory of a category that is an expense (business expenses). It is listed as an income tax line item as Schedule C:Other business expenses. None of which explains why it shows up as a negative income, except for the fact that the other line in the split is income.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tammy C

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• I have the same issue. An expense posted as part of a deposit does not show up on a report of all expenses. However, it is properly handled by a P&L report, i.e. it is included in the total for the applicable expense category.
This discussion has been closed.