OL-362-A Issue "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account..."

Hi,

I've just started receiving an error "OL-362-A Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file." I manually download these transactions from the financial institution (First Horizon Advisors) website (I click "download to quicken" on the website, enter the dates, download the ofx file, and open it). There are two accounts at the institution. Both accounts have been in my Quicken file for years. I've always been able to download the transactions into Quicken this way without a problem. The account numbers that show on the financial institution's website still match the numbers for the accounts in Quicken. There are no new accounts. I've updated Quicken; no luck. I've searched the forum and found support articles for OL-362-A, but those articles are for accounts which are synced automatically in Quicken, not accounts that are manually downloaded. I haven't changed anything; it just stopped working. Note my wife also has her own accounts at the same financial institution (different log on), and we are still able to manually download her accounts to Quicken just as we always have. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @helpforanderson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine if this is caused by an issue within your data file or within the .qfx file itself.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to be taken to the new data file (you can then close the Add Account window that will open)
    8. Attempt to import the .qfx file

After attempting to import the .qfx file, see if you receive the same error code in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thank you for your help. I followed your instructions. I have two accounts at that institution (both display with a single log-on). Prior to this issue, I would download both accounts to Quicken at the same time. When I created the test Quicken file as you suggested, I was able to manually download transactions from both accounts. I re-opened my primary Quicken file and tried the manual download again. This time one of the accounts downloaded (although Quicken initially did not recognize the account and a window popped up giving me the option to create a new account or link to an existing account; I linked to the correct existing account and it worked fine). However, the other account did not download and I received the same OL-362-A error message. So, on the test Quicken file both accounts downloaded properly, but on my primary Quicken account only one downloaded properly.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying those steps and providing an update.

For the account that did not successfully download, could you please right-click on the account name in your Account List and select Edit/Delete Account. The Account Details window will then open. In there, please navigate to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.

Once the account has been deactivated, try importing the .qfx file again and see if you still receive the same error or if it will allow you to link to existing and successfully import your transactions.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• This worked! Thank you! It looks like I may now have the same issue with another account with another institution, but I will try the same process. Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome and thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that resolved it. :)

If for any reason the issue with the other financial institution doesn't get resolved, please don't hesitate to reach back out! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• mark8171
    mark8171 Member
    Same issue but I am unable to deactivate the account that wouldnt download.
  • benoobie
    benoobie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [removed - off-topic/disruptive]  this just happened to 6 of my accounts and it is probably the 4th time in 2 years this has happened.

[removed - disruptive]
    https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-ol-362
This discussion has been closed.