remove expired option

there are a number of options that expired worthless in my portfolio. How do I delete them? I went to window > securities highlited one and hit the minus sign and a message pops up "These securities are used by active transactions and cannot be removed"

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sell each of them for $0, then hide the particular option/security.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @NotACPA  It is not currently possible to hide a security on Quicken Mac. What some of us do is to edit the unused security name by adding "z" in front of it, so it drops to the bottom of the securities list (e.g. "z-Fidelity XYZ Fund").

There is an Idea thread requesting this functionality which is now marked as "planned", so we know it's on the roadmap and coming -- but Quicken gives no clues how high or low this is on the priority list or when it's likely to show up in the program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sell each of them for $0, then hide the particular option/security.

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    @NotACPA  It is not currently possible to hide a security on Quicken Mac. What some of us do is to edit the unused security name by adding "z" in front of it, so it drops to the bottom of the securities list (e.g. "z-Fidelity XYZ Fund").

There is an Idea thread requesting this functionality which is now marked as "planned", so we know it's on the roadmap and coming -- but Quicken gives no clues how high or low this is on the priority list or when it's likely to show up in the program.
  • Steve Helfand
    Steve Helfand Member ✭✭
    I cheated. I selected all of the transaction for each option and deleted them. Then I added miscellaneous debit or credit to reach the account's cash balance.

Thanks, guys
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    @NotACPA  It is not currently possible to hide a security on Quicken Mac.
    Yet another reason to not use QMac.

• jacobs
    NotACPA said:
    jacobs said:
    @NotACPA  It is not currently possible to hide a security on Quicken Mac.
    Yet another reason to not use QMac.
    @NotACPA It's a problem that can be worked around without too much pain (except perhaps for people who have hundreds of old securities), and it's been promised as a forthcoming feature. QMac: always improving! Can you say that about QWin? ;)
This discussion has been closed.