Updating accounts

When I click on 'update now' on a particular account, I get a message in the One Step Update settings 'fill passwords' but the account has a password stored in the password vault and I see nowhere else to enter or fill in a password. If I use One Step Update from the Tools menu, it will update this account when I enter the password from the vault. (Before today, this account was working fine but the first time I tried to update it today it asked me to enter the password. None of the passwords for this account (online, mobile, Quicken, etc.) had changed so I thought maybe I just needed a new password. I ended up calling my financial institution and was told they had made some changes on their end and was given new passwords for two (linked) accounts. Those worked on one but the 'problem account' described above went from asking me for the password to asking me to fill passwords and had a Quicken logo beside it in the dialogue box. I thought maybe I had to enter a password in a different place but when I click on that, it just opens the password vault.) I tried to reset the account in the accounts list but nothing happens.
Is there a reset or a work-around for this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bill kelsey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about this issue, though I apologize that you all are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, which financial institution are you connecting to? And which connection method are you using to connect (Express, Web Connect , or Direct Connect)?

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now), please?

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect (make sure you check the checkbox for "Save to password vault" when signing in). Once your account(s) have been found, proceed to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

From there, go ahead and try running a One Step Update again to see if you still receive the same prompt to fill in the password.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.