Unable to update or manage online bills

For several billers, I am suddenly seeing a "Sign in problem' with a "Fix It" link that does nothing. Bills won't update and I cannot edit password (does nothing) or remove biller (returns error that there is a pending payment which has to process before removing, although there are no pending payments)
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CynthiaQ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the steps found in this support article regarding the pending payment error you received.

If the support article resolves the pending payment error, then try removing and re-adding the biller(s) you're experiencing issues with.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CynthiaQ
    CynthiaQ Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I looked at this. These are not online payments, just online bills. I did remove the payees from the online payee lists and even deleted all upcoming bill reminders, but these are still stuck and I cannot get updated bills. There are no pending payments for these scheduled, that is just the error message displayed when I try to remove the online bill.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update.

In that case, then next, I recommend Validating Online billers. To do so, please, navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, try removing the biller(s) again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ryanmac81
    ryanmac81 Member
    I am having the same issue, second month in a row now. I cannot even update the passwords for accounts that do not have problems. I have done all of the troubleshooting available and nothing works. Really frustrating as those accounts won't update their billing. I don't do online bill pay either. Seems to be a glitch somewhere.
  • ryanmac81
    ryanmac81 Member
    I continue to have the same problem. I have tried to every troubleshoot available and nothing works. Not only can I not "fix" an account with an error (nor delete said account because of pending payments) I cannot update a password on an account without an error. Basically there is nothing that I can do within the Online Billers section.
  • kla4503
    kla4503 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I had to change both a userid and password for a credit card but forgot to update the online biller. Later the dreaded Catch-22 you encountered. This time I got rid of it.
    1. Super validate the file to clear out any damaged reminders.
    2. Under Income & Transfers I had payment due ($0) for this card which I "Skipped".
    3. Super validate (probably not needed).
    4. Online Biller - Added the same credit card with revised userid/password.
    5. Manage Online billers - now have two of the same card - delete the one that says "fix it?". This time the entry no longer had the last four digits of the account connected to it. So it successfully deleted it.

I suspect the user online biller file on the web must get stuck, and entering a new version of the same account changes the pointer.
This discussion has been closed.