PayPal Account not loading correctly

Hello, I have been trying to get my Paypal account to load transactions and provide a balance. It keekps loading as a checking account and adds transactions but online and register balance are zero. Is there a fix for this? I have tried numerous time to delete and add but nothing changes. Appreciate an help.
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well if the online balance is messed up (zero when it should be something else) and you are just creating the account, Quicken is going to adjust the opening balance to get the result it thinks is correct (zero current balance).

The fix get your current balance correct should be to change the opening balance transaction.

As for the reason for the online balance being zero, well there have been several reports lately with people reporting their online balances not being right on accounts that are setup for Express Web Connect, so I'm guessing there is some kind of problem in the new connection method (QCS) they have started using for Express Web Connect.  Since the beginning of the year my PayPal account is zero balance, but it use to work right last year when it was using the old connection method (FDS) for Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lmendezrom
    lmendezrom Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the info. I just found out that Synchrony is the bank that funds the account and when you look up the credit it takes you to a Paypal/Synchrony website. I'm thinking that may be where the glitch is. I just went back and added as an offline account. This is the only account I have issues with. :(
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Helo @lmendezrom

Thank you for the response and the additional details. This issue is specific to Paypal in that they transmit a zero balance.

My personal PayPal account also exhibits the behavior, I too track this account manually. This has been an issue for quite some time, however, I am unable to provide an ETA on when this will be resolved.

I would recommend contacting Paypal to report this issue directly. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.