How can you print memo fields in split transactions?

Options
TateG
TateG Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Often our HOA makes deposits consisting of many checks from different individuals. We split the transactions and put the name of the check writer in the memo field along with the split value. I have found no way to show it in a report or export this information to another program such as excel. It's of little value if you have to physically open each split to see the data.

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is commonly recommended in your type of setup to maintain an "Undeposited Funds" account.  The actual checks from the individuals get recorded as received into that account.  Then deposit into the bank is a transfer from that "Undeposited Funds" account to the bank account. -- FWIW     

Answers

• TateG
    TateG Member
    Options
    Often our HOA makes deposits consisting of many checks from different individuals. We split the transactions and put the name of the check writer in the memo field along with the split value. I have found no way to show it in a report or export this information to another program such as excel. It's of little value if you have to physically open each split to see the data.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To show the memo field of a split entry in a Transaction report, I suggest you select Reports > Banking> Transaction, press Alt + C, check Show splits, and select OK.

To export the report for excel, press Alt + E and select Export to excel workbook (.xlsx).
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is commonly recommended in your type of setup to maintain an "Undeposited Funds" account.  The actual checks from the individuals get recorded as received into that account.  Then deposit into the bank is a transfer from that "Undeposited Funds" account to the bank account. -- FWIW     
  • TateG
    TateG Member
    Options
    Thanks. Worked like a charm.
  • barbv
    barbv Member
    Options
    I have quicken 2009. Alt C does not offer me print split items. Is there another way?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is a very old version of Quicken.

The shortcuts may be different, but what @Sherlock is saying is to customize the Banking Transaction report and on the Display tab, check the Show Splits box.

If you are just printing one account, you can open the account's register, go to File > Print <account name> and select Print Split Transactions on the Print dialog that opens.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.