I keep getting a difference between my bank statement previous balance & my Quicken previous balance

I know this will happen if I change a previously reconciled item, but I don't think I've done that. Yet month after month my bank statement previous balance will be about $3,000 more than my Quicken reconciliation previous balance. How can I track this down?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To determine the source of the change, I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved when the account was last reconciled.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.

• BravoMaine
    BravoMaine Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much, Sherlock. Tedious, but probably worth the time.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you sync to Quicken Mobile/Web there have been reported cases of it changing the reconcile status of past transactions, so that is one possible cause.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BravoMaine
    BravoMaine Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but I don’t sync to mobile.