Category Report

Options
Is there a way to print a list of categories?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Jlewis48

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here do you want to print the list of categories available or would you like to do a report on the categories you're using? The first option isn't available as we're not able to print the category list out. You are able to see if fully by going across the top to window > Categories. From here you can find the full list of categories available as well as add any you may need,

If you're looking for more information about reports in general I'll link an article down below that may help with customizing and finding a report that works for you

https://www.quicken.com/support/learn-about-reports-quicken-mac

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    About the only way you can Print the categories would be to setup a new budget and name it something like Category List. Then, set it up to include ALL categories. Don't worry about creating goals. Finishing editing the budget, and go to the upper right and choose to export the summary budget. Open this in a spreadsheet, and print.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Or… open the Categories window, drag it to be as tall as your screen allows, capture a screen shot (Command-Shift-4, hover over the window, press Spacebar to highlight the window, then click to capture the screenshot); then scroll down to show the next screenful of categories, and capture a new screenshot, and continue to repeat until you reach the bottom. Then print each of the screenshots. This is definitely not a user-friendly solution, but it's a solution. ;)

Meanwhile, please visit this Idea thread and add your Vote for the developers to add the ability to print the Category list. The more votes, the more likely this is to be implemented in the future.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.