Adding download to Transamerica Retirement Solutions accounts creates new account

Options
I have a new Transamerica Annuity account (transferred from Vanguard) using financial Institution "Transamerica Retirement Solutions" and I am trying to setup online banking. When I go into Account Details -> Online Services tab -> Set up now... Quicken puts me into the Add Account flow and creates a new account. It never gives me the ability to add my Transamerica User name and password. The newly created account is not linked to my online Transamerica account either. I spoke with Transamerica support and they believed the Quicken was already successfully integrated with them. Any ideas on how to link to a Transamerica Retirement Solutions account?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Transamerica Retirement Solutions only supports the Web Connect connection method for 401K accounts.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Steven Schoenstein
    Options
    Thanks for the info on Transamerica Retirement Solutions.

There is still a bug in Quicken as it goes into the Add Account flow when you try to "Account Details -> Online Services tab -> Set up now..." from an existing TRS account. It connects with Quicken and then the first page displayed asks for an "Account Name/Nickname" and creates another new account.

It would also be nice if that OFX Connectivity list was updated occasionally. It is labeled as the 2018 list.
  • PaulK
    PaulK Member
    Options
    Hi Steven

So is our only option to update the Transamerica (formerly Vanguard) annuities manually?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PaulK said:
    Hi Steven

So is our only option to update the Transamerica (formerly Vanguard) annuities manually?
    Correct.
This discussion has been closed.