Want to downgrade from Premier to Deluxe

I have Quicken Windows 2017 PREMIER. I want to upgrade to the newest Quicken version but downgrade to DELUXE. I don't use any of the automatic download features for banking or investment accounts. I enter everything manually. As far as I can tell, my current Premier file should work fine in Deluxe. I just want to make sure that my investment accounts will still be editable and I can do manual entries like I do now. Will this work for sure? Are there any other gottchas downgrading from Premier to Deluxe that I should know about? Thx.

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Since you are currently using 2017, you aren't using any of the extra features that would have a fee in Deluxe (bill Pay and Check Pay), so downgrading to Deluxe will not cause any issues.  There are some of the extra investment reports and what-if features that are not in Deluxe, but all of the basics, including investment accounts will work.
    You need to be aware if you let the subscription expire, there is a loss of some screenspace to some nagging to renew.  See this thread: Expiration-Banner
    Here is a screenshot of an expired subscription:
    NOTE: The Quicken window is 1/4 normal size, so the lost screen space is out of proportion but it was done to make the image viewable, but it shows you what will be there.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would advise against upgrading to the Subscription since given your use case I don't see anything it will really provide you over what you already have in Quicken 2017.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Since you are currently using 2017, you aren't using any of the extra features that would have a fee in Deluxe (bill Pay and Check Pay), so downgrading to Deluxe will not cause any issues.  There are some of the extra investment reports and what-if features that are not in Deluxe, but all of the basics, including investment accounts will work.
    You need to be aware if you let the subscription expire, there is a loss of some screenspace to some nagging to renew.  See this thread: Expiration-Banner
    Here is a screenshot of an expired subscription:
    NOTE: The Quicken window is 1/4 normal size, so the lost screen space is out of proportion but it was done to make the image viewable, but it shows you what will be there.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would advise against upgrading to the Subscription since given your use case I don't see anything it will really provide you over what you already have in Quicken 2017.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks to both of you for your quick response. Never expected an answer so quickly! I'll think more about the choice to upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.