Did Quicken ever fix the ability to use group transaction in Windows version?

Options
Greg Lampe
Greg Lampe Member ✭✭✭
Every month I enter 42 memorized transactions, one at a time, to put money into my envelopes/savings goals. Years ago I used the group transactions so it was a one click operation. This feature got broken years ago and I wonder if it ever got fixed.
Quicken Priemier 2020, 20+ year user.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb question, since you are running subscription Quicken (2018+), why not try it yourself to see if it works now.  You know how it should work and probably already have the group setup, so trying should be simple.  Let us know what you find.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg Lampe
    Greg Lampe Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the gracious reply. The last time I tried it my file got corrupted. I hoped some thoughtful user might give advice.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make a backup of your file before you try, then if your file gets corrupted, you can restore the backup and nothing is harmed.
    That is what I would have to do if I was going to test this for you.

• Greg Lampe
    Greg Lampe Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI - It still doesn't work. Transactions in the group get entered in the register, but the category is left blank.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, that is good information for the whole group.

• jcreegan
    jcreegan Member ✭✭
    Options

For me it seems to work normally, except that following every cloud sync the list of transactions belonging to the group becomes dereferenced. To help me know which transactions to re-add, I altered their entries in the memorized transaction list by prefixing each transaction in the group with "Group N:" (where N is the group number).

This dereferencing has been occurring on for a good couple years now.

I think I've proven this by creating the group transaction on the Quicken web app. Following a cloud sync, the group transaction appeared in the Quicken app and has remained there for several cloud syncs now.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the use of Scheduled Transaction Groups for banking register transactions gives you problems, …

• Reporting the issue here in the Community is good information, but it may not ever get the ball rolling toward a fix. Contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report the problem. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
    • As a workaround until a fix may eventually become available, may I suggest creating individual Scheduled Reminders for each of these transactions.
      Right-click each one of these transactions in the register and select "Add reminder". Set them up as monthly reminders, to execute "automatically [0] or [1] days before Due Date".
      A single Scheduled Reminder using a large number of Split transaction lines might also do the trick

This discussion has been closed.