Release R31.6 Patch Causing Issues - "...Quicken components currently open..." [QFX]

Options
1235»

Answers

• RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed andyross1 just above and it worked. Save a backup of data. Download Quicken from your online account. (I have Windows 10 subscription version.) With Quicken closed, I launched the downloaded install program. First, it uninstalls Quicken, then reinstalls it. Same version. It's now importing data files. (I don't use the Quicken connect feature, just download from banks, credit cards, etc.) Seems fine at first blush. Not even 5 minutes to accomplish. Fingers crossed.
  • Rob A
    Rob A Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. Still R31.6 and reporting that is the latest available.
  • GreggD24
    GreggD24 Member
    Options
    Reply is the message at the bottom of this post. As far as I can tell, the patch is still not available even though there was an message that it was available. I have started Quicken Deluxe, Ver R31.6, Build 27.1.31.6 multiple times and I have run the "Check for updates" and the patch is not pulled down and loaded. Is there a time line for when it will really be available?

Quicken Kathryn just added a comment in Alerts & Known Product Issues: NEW 1/22/21: Issue importing Web Connect (QFX) files, using Lifetime Planner in Quicken Windows 31.6
    Hello All,
    We're released a fix for this issue in the 31.7 patch. This patch is available for all users, and Quicken should update when opened. If it doesn't, please go to Help > Check for Updates in the Quicken program.
  • mw1862
    mw1862 Member
    Options
    JohnClark: Exactly how I feel.
  • TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Options
    The disconcerting element of the R31.6 release/patch update is that it has interfered with people's machines and Quicken installations who selected NOT to install R31.6.
    It appears to have interfered with Quicken file associations on installations of R30.21 and R31.5 entirely in the background, with no notification to users. This is akin to how malware behaves.
  • RCWildcat71
    RCWildcat71 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @whoppe said:
    > > @RCWildcat71 said:
    > > The work around did not work for me importing from Capital One
    >
    > I was able to download transactions from Capital One, choosing QFX Quicken, then in Quicken: File, File Import, Quicken Transfer Format (.QFX) worked for me.

Still unable to get it to work. Also, cannot find the patch R 31.7 anywhere. When I try to update, quicken says I have the most updated version at R31.6
  • jmkdae
    jmkdae Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agree with what @TangledWeb said. I'm on 30.21 and have the problem. I think that Quicken owes everyone a complete explanation of what happened and exactly how people that did not update encountered the problem.

Given the lack of quality control on their releases, my worst fear is that some update will be so bad that it will corrupt my data.
  • Miki D
    Miki D Member
    Options
    Andy Ross. I did what you said and it worked. I'm all set! Thanks
  • djn60
    djn60 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did what RFG describes above and I'm back in business. I've updated all my accounts (banks, credit cards, brokerage) without any problems. I've also duplicated the same process on a second computer and works fine. Hope this works for everyone.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I closed Quicken, reopened it, it did a small update and now it works normally again. Help >About still says 2020, R30.21, 27.1.30.21.

My other rant still holds...Still irritated with buggy software and forced into a yearly subscription.
  • mw1862
    mw1862 Member
    Options
    Followed RFG also. It fixed the issue for me. However this is so much BS that we have to figure out how to fix THEIR software. Any by the way we even get to PAY them for the privilege.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Again, Quicken seems to have patched it so there's no need to reinstall and do the workarounds. Mine updated automatically this afternoon and all is working well again.
  • mrraras
    mrraras Member
    Options
    I can't uninstall the Quicken program because it was purchased and downloaded online. Now what do I do.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrraras said:
    I can't uninstall the Quicken program because it was purchased and downloaded online. Now what do I do.
    You shouldn't have to do anything they are rolling out a fix, but in fact no matter where you bought it you can always uninstall and install again.  If you log into your account  on quicken.com you will find the install there to download.

You can also find the install here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's fixed for me. I didn't do anything but open, close, and reopen Quicken. Unfortunately it just puts me back to my ongoing issue with Express Web Connect not working with PNC Bank. Two steps back, but one step forward.
  • RFG
    RFG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did anyone receive notification about the problem(s) and what and when a fix was coming? Other than this board, I received nothing from Quicken - though they have all our emails when it's time to bill or sell us an upgrade.
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nope. I had to type the error into Google and happened onto this thread.
  • TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RFG said:
    > Did anyone receive notification about the problem(s) and what and when a fix was coming? Other than this board, I received nothing from Quicken - though they have all our emails when it's time to bill or sell us an upgrade.

Sadly this is not how Quicken operates when they release an update. Which is why I wait and wait and wait before installing any update from them.

Which is why I am particularly annoyed this time around when R31.6 silently and maliciously interfered with my working R30.21 installation with no notification whatsoever.
  • dbweber59
    dbweber59 Member
    Options
    It worked for me also. I just closed Quicken and started it again, and now web connect works again.
  • rich x
    rich x Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    frustrated and quitting
  • johnaclark6
    johnaclark6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @rich x said:
    > still not able to add Bank of America or Capital One to one step update
    >
    >

This thread wasn't for that problem.
  • DaveLish
    DaveLish Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm confused...Is the issue fixed or is it still a problem? I checked for updates and Quicken responds "You already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R 31.5)". I'm on the Quicken Premier subscription version of the software.
    Some definitive statement from Quicken support would be most helpful.
  • TangledWeb
    TangledWeb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @DaveLish said:
    > I'm confused...Is the issue fixed or is it still a problem? I checked for updates and Quicken responds "You already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R 31.5)". I'm on the Quicken Premier subscription version of the software.
    > Some definitive statement from Quicken support would be most helpful.

This is how Quicken release an update:
    1. Turn notifications on that there is an update available.
    2. Wait until a certain number of people have installed the update. These installations are like volunteers in a vaccine study receiving the trial vaccine, aka the Experimental Group.
    3. Turn notifications off that there is an update available.
    4. Wait and collect data from the Experimental Group on new issues/bugs, etc. in the update.
    5. Depending on the results of step 4, the update may be updated and the process begins again at step 1.

In this case the release number has gone from R30.21 to R31.5 to R31.6 to R31.7 to where it is today at R31.8. I am still running R30.21 and when I click 'Check for Updates' it tells me I am on the latest version (due to step 3 above).
This discussion has been closed.