2021 transactions missing

I did a year end copy and followed the directions but it also deleted my 2021 transactions. How do I get those back to my register

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Before attempting to restore a Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of the Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

This other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.
  • Jolli
    Jolli Member
    Sherlock I follow those instructions there’s no cloud in my preferences. Where do I go from here
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jolli said:
    Sherlock I follow those instructions there’s no cloud in my preferences. Where do I go from here

In the Other Quicken file, select Edit > Preferences...

If Sync is OFF, set the switch ON, select OK, and Edit > Preferences...

Select the cloud account associated with the original file, Delete, enter yes, select Delete, and Close.

To restore a Quicken file, select File > Restore and Backup > Restore from Backup File... or to open an earlier copy of the Quicken file press Ctrl + O.
  • Al R.
    Al R. Member
    I'm also missing all of my 2021 transactions that were posted. I don't believe I've ever set up the cloud but I tried to use your procedure above. When I go to Mobile and Web preferences, it claims it can't access my cloud information. When I go to Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, it claims it cannot retrieve my profile information. It offered to reset my password. I did that. It said SUCCESS. Still nothing and no closer to restoring my 2021 transactions. Same problem as above or something different?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Al R. said:
    I'm also missing all of my 2021 transactions that were posted. I don't believe I've ever set up the cloud but I tried to use your procedure above. When I go to Mobile and Web preferences, it claims it can't access my cloud information. When I go to Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, it claims it cannot retrieve my profile information. It offered to reset my password. I did that. It said SUCCESS. Still nothing and no closer to restoring my 2021 transactions. Same problem as above or something different?
    What I suggested is that before restoring a Quicken file backup, the cloud account associated with the Quicken file should be deleted.  It is not clear from your description where you went awry.  
    1. Did you create a new Quicken file?
    2. Did you delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file?
    3. Did you restore a Quicken file backup of the original Quicken file saved before you performed the year end copy?
This discussion has been closed.