Screen goes Black except for One Step

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
Since a recent Update....could have been R30.19....when I am connecting with my banks; One Step running, my screen goes Black momentarily all you see is One Step as the connection is progressing.  The Connections are fine...and complete.  

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

This behavior has been reported and is currently being worked on. If you have not done so already, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report to report this issue.

Please include "QWIN-14876" in the subject as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    During OSU on my computer, screen is occasionally flickering as OSU goes from one phase to the next. Can't say that I've ever seen it "go black", even for a split second.
    Must be a peculiarity of your system, where a screen refresh is delayed a moment.
    Or maybe your computer's trying to save you some electricity ... <g,d,r>
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
     Yeah I’ve seen this on occasion in different places.   It isn’t tied to any given release,  it has like this for quite sometime.
    The Quicken developers have put a fake window on top of the rest of Quicken so that they can add some buttons up in the upper right  that aren’t  on a standard system title. 

And the underline program is a big window that’s black because it expects the other fake one to be on top of it  covering it up.
    When Quicken gets busy and can’t refresh the screen you end up with the nice black screen.

There’s nothing to the user can do it is just a decision the programmers made to support something they probably shouldn’t have supported in my opinion.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Over the years I feel as if long ongoing issues are ignored in favor of blotting the software with new features that I have found are useless.  I have been asking\Reporting for years....when I enter for example, a Transfer in the register and the Date column has the wrong date, when I click enter...I get the popup to enter the correct date....and you can only select OK and the Entire entry is deleted so now you Must enter the entire entry all over again.  really annoying.  No reason since the registry Entry has not been Entered that you should not be able just to change it to the correct date....and not be Made to totally re-enter all the information...again.  There is a site customers can vote to show their support for improvement in various aspects of Quicken.  The category at the top most want to see changes is the Interface.  Most Software's give many personalized features, Quicken Text size gives 2...normal and what I call ridiculously oversized.    What's with that....is 2021, not 1985.   I had always felt the search block, upper left ...was too tiny...so in a recent update it showed that Box was Finally enlarged...really?  If it was, I cannot tell any difference.  The problem may be from the fact Quicken has loaded the software with so much unnecessary features that making annoying every day running issues are too difficult and too timely to be Fixed.    

This Black screen is an example, it was developed for something that has never been utilized\put in place...but yet it is there and it is annoying to me....
  • John Dahlgren
    John Dahlgren Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also experience the temporary "black screen". If you look at Task Manager during this time, you will also notice that Quicken is "Not Responding".

I'm glad that I'm not the only one....
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You surely are not alone with this One Step Update Windows behind the OSU going Black.  Sure wish the Quicken Moderator would pick up on this and provide some feedback...and better yet...what Q is doing to fix the issue, if, in fact Q is aware of the Issue.  
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

This behavior has been reported and is currently being worked on. If you have not done so already, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report to report this issue.

Please include "QWIN-14876" in the subject as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable doing so.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This issue still continues....I did use the Link w/i the software to report this issue.  Is there an ETA?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @denmarfl

Thank you for the response. The ticket is still listed as ongoing, unfortunately, I do not have an ETA that I may provide.

As this is a visual issue it is a lower priority and may not have a quick fix. I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the update.  I would like to express some disappointment with Quicken as it is these little things that are building up that Q Engineers seem to ignore while developing and releasing new features that sometimes have no Value.  This Black screen during OSU; Quicken software windows randomly opens to a very small size, not where it was when you closed Q so you must resize, when entering a Transfer if you use a wrong date, INSTEAD of letting you just correct the date, the entire entry is deleted and you must re-enter the entire transfer information again.  There are a few other issues that are non-Critical to the running of Q but as a Long time user of Q, over 30 years, I continue to see Q either ignore these types of issues, or, a few have been ongoing for over 5 years....at some point the items that are deemed low Priority on the List, those items need addressing.  
  • JoshL
    JoshL Member
    Options
    +1 on this....

The black screen has been happening to me for ages and I just uninstalled/reinstalled to see if that would fix the problem.

Sadly, no.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been a Quicker Purchaser for over 25 years and it is issues like this that annoy me to no end.  Quicken will add useless features and yet they do not, will not fix long ongoing issues like this.  Low Priority?  Why...it is a Software glitch that needs to be fixed.  I have several long time Ongoing software running issues...that for years Quicken has advised are on the List to resolve and I have seen absolutely no indication that issues like this or the others will ever get any attention and get fixed.  I am extremely disappointed with Quicken....a company that I have been a paying loyal customer to since the late 1980's.  I have seen over this time a total reluctance to Fix any issues unless they prevent the software from running...shame on Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    denmarfl said:
     Quicken will add useless features and yet they do not, will not fix long ongoing issues like this.  Low Priority?  
    How about "pride"/not wanting admit they made a mistake?
    Want to see another artifact of this decision (vertical white line, it will refresh eventually, and cover it)?

The list goes on an on, like being one pixel off on sizing/positioning the window, not getting the size/positioning correct in some cases like on multiple display systems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are right on...instead of fixing what I will refer to as the software's' Main foundation....what really runs and makes the software work...they add on useless features.  Quicken needs to get back to the Basics and get the software issues cleaned up before they add new useless features.....  I have seen this trend of ignoring issues like this, the Black screen at OSU....forever....and introducing new useless features.  What sells this software is the OSU....not having to log into different banks/Investment houses....its a one stop do it all....Connection...and saving your Financial data on your PC.  I bet not many users use the Budget feature...just one example.  Again I am not writing no one uses Budget...because I cannot wait to see people responding telling me they use it...I am writing a small percentage of people may use that feature.  

Quicken; lets get back to the Basics and fix the annoying issues that have been present FOREVER in your software.  I am sure you have many long time users that will be more than pleased to lend some help to get these basic annoying issues...Fixed.
  • jmcrey
    jmcrey Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem for awhile but now I get the black screen and it won't recover. Locks up quicken altogether.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    February 21 and m\March 2021....its reported in this POST..behavior has been reported..QW 

"As this is a visual issue it is a lower priority and may not have a quick fix. I apologize for not having better news."  "QWIN-14876".

In March 2021 I accepted the issue was not priorty ...but now OVER 1 YEAR....its time it is addressed and Fixed.  Are there that many TOP Priority issues that have surfaced over the Past 14 months that this issue has not been addressed?  

I am a subcriber...as we all are...and part of what we pay for is Q IT fixing issues.....PLEASE have this issue addressed...it is really annoying and some users have reported when it takes place the Software totally Freezes...to me...this is a PRIORIY ...please get it fixed ASAP
This discussion has been closed.