Portfolio views don't live in the QDF?

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
I routinely copy my data file from one PC to another. I just noticed that the Portfolio Views on the 2 machines are different. These screen caps are from the same file, recently copied. Some of my custom views are in both, but the 3 most recent ones are not. The first shot is from my production file, the second shot is from the copy on the other PC.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, seems you are correct.  Looking a new data file on the same machine and it has the same customized portfolio views.  Clearly if they were in the QDF they would be different.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Chris_QPW said:
    Yes, seems you are correct.  Looking a new data file on the same machine and it has the same customized portfolio views.  Clearly if they were in the QDF they would be different.
    ??? I just created a new file on same machine starting from within Quicken with an existing file open.  The new file did NOT have the customized views from the prior file.  Only the base 9 named views and Custom views 1-19.  Must be more to it than that.

(corrected number of views) 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    This appears to be an artifact of updating from R30.19 to R31.8. In my OP, I failed to mention that I copied the data from a 30.19 machine to a 31.8 machine. I routinely do this to test new releases before adopting them for production.
    I just updated my production machine to 31.8, and my custom portfolio views were renamed back to Custom10, Custom11, etc. The views seemed to be intact, showing what they showed before, but the names were lost.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Oops, I spoke too soon. I just copied my R31.8 production file to my second R31.8 machine and the custom names are gone on the 2nd machine again. I'm confused.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    OK, I'm now less confused. It seems to be a bug. I can rename Custom10 to something else, then close and reopen Quicken, and the name has reverted back to Custom10. Can anyone reproduce?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm it looks like I just fooled myself.  I just tried with a new data file and they are the defaults.  Somewhere along the lines I must have customized my "test online" data file.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'm now less confused. It seems to be a bug. I can rename Custom10 to something else, then close and reopen Quicken, and the name has reverted back to Custom10. Can anyone reproduce?
    I just tried this in a completely new data file (R31.8) and I'm seeing the same thing. All the changes are lost on restarting Quicken.
    Signature: