I can't log on?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Shotgunner

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although we will need a bit more information to assist.

Are you trying to sign in to the Community, the Quicken.com website, or the Quicken application? Are you getting any error messages when attempting to sign in? 

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Mac1963
    Mac1963 Member
    HELP. I, too, am experiencing complications with my Quicken passwords. My data files have been mysteriously inaccessible for 5 days. Today Quicken support allowed me to update my Quicken ID password, but I'm still locked out of my data files. I would appreciate ANY advice whatsoever.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mac1963,

Can you tell us which versions of both Quicken and Windows you are using.  Also,please tell us what happens and/or which error code(s) you get when trying to open your data file.

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mac1963
    Mac1963 Member
    I'm using Quicken for Mac, version 6.0.3. Quicken support was finally able to allow me to reset the password for my Quicken account (Quicken ID). However, my data files are still locked up. I receive "The password is incorrect" message.
    I've not changed the password for my data files. When I contacted support to unlock the data files, I was asked to upload my data file and supply the name of the data file, unique payees, account names, etc., which I did. They were unable to unlock the files.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Mac1963,

Did Quicken Support provide a reason why they could not unlock your datafile?  Also, because I suspect that there may be little that folks here in the community may be able to do about the password issue, do you have a recent backup to your datafile?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mac1963
    Mac1963 Member
    Hi Frank: yes, I have several backups; however they're locked as well so I'm unable to use them to restore data.

Even after a few hours, Quicken support was unable to provide a reason for this issue.
  • Mac1963
    Mac1963 Member
    Hi Frank: Quicken support has concluded my data files are corrupt and they cannot help me any further. How this happened is a mystery, something to do with the inner workings of Quicken software. I logged out at night, logged in the next morning and everything was suddenly inaccessible.

Thank you for attempting to help me.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mac1963  It just doesn't make sense that you logged out of Quicken one night, and the next day, not only the data file that you were using is corrupt, but all the back-ups -- which you weren't using -- are also corrupt. It just seems there's something more to this, but unfortunately none of us fellow users here have any tools to help you get into your files.

You don't have Time Machine backups for your Mac? (That would provide a virtually unlimited number of backups to explore.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mac1963

1) Have you tried Restarting your computer?

If that does not help, then some other things to try:

2) Create a new Quicken data file - just for testing. Enter some data. Set a password on this data file. Quit Quicken. Now start up Quicken again. Does it work.

2) Reinstall Quicken.

3) Create a separate user account on your computer, then move one of your backup files to this user account and try to open it in Quicken.

4) Find another computer you can use, install Quicken there and try to open a backup file on that computer.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    One note: when experimenting with backup files, make a copy of them first, and only test with the copy. This way, you preserve the original backup should you need to try something else on it later.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.