Unable to update USAA accounts

Followed Sarah's suggested steps. When trying to connect it defaults back to ZZZ on the ID and Pin screen. Do not even get any other account with "NEW" listed. This is very frustrating. Have not been able to download for 3 days.

Answers

• JimKaram
    JimKaram Windows Beta Beta
    It sounds like you failed to first deactivate your existing USAA accounts.  Don't feel like the lone ranger, but once you do so, things should progress as advertised.
  • WKing1943
    WKing1943 Member ✭✭
    It does not give me a choice to deactivate. It goes directly to download transactions setup.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    WKing1943 said:
    It does not give me a choice to deactivate. It goes directly to download transactions setup.
    To deactivate accounts you need to go to the the Account Details -> Online Services tab.  You can get there by right clicking on the account name in the Account bar and selecting Edit/Delete Account
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jackoser
    jackoser Member ✭✭
    I was able to finally able to get my bank accounts and credit card accounts updated to download properly. But in doing so I also somehow changed my loan accounts to Direct Connect (they were web connect before). Quicken found the loan accounts in the direct connect and downloaded all of the previous transactions. After that it put the red flags next to the accounts in the account list but there is no way that I can find in my loan accounts to reconcile or accept all of the transactions. When I tried to deactivate the accounts it said i need to accept the transaction before I can deactivate. How do I reconcile or accept the downloaded transactions for the loans (no registers) and clear the red flags?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    jackoser said:
    I was able to finally able to get my bank accounts and credit card accounts updated to download properly. But in doing so I also somehow changed my loan accounts to Direct Connect (they were web connect before). Quicken found the loan accounts in the direct connect and downloaded all of the previous transactions. After that it put the red flags next to the accounts in the account list but there is no way that I can find in my loan accounts to reconcile or accept all of the transactions. When I tried to deactivate the accounts it said i need to accept the transaction before I can deactivate. How do I reconcile or accept the downloaded transactions for the loans (no registers) and clear the red flags?
    I believe you will find that they in fact changed from Web Connect(download and import a QFX file) to Express Web Connect.  The reason I say that is because of the way they implemented downloading of loan accounts they only support it using Express Web Connect.  Direct Connect shouldn't be an option.

And in that setup the price to pay for downloading a loan account using Express Web Connect is to give up the register.  As in the idea is all the information is suppose to come from the financial institution.  If you go into the Account Details -> Online Services you should be able to change it to a "manual entry" loan account and get back the register.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jackoser
    jackoser Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I think you're right that the loans were previously using Express Web connect. Other accounts were Direct Connect. It may have been the way I setup the loan accounts. I've never had a register. And right now there is no "Manual Entry" option in the account "Online Services" tab.

I did notice that when I started getting the errors for my bank and credit card accounts that the Loan accounts were still updating as always and the connection method still showed Express Web connect.
    deactivate and reconnect only the bank and credit card accounts, leaving the loan accounts as they were. Because right now the loans are definitely showing as "Direct Connect" with downloaded transaction pending and red flags.
  • jackoser
    jackoser Member ✭✭
    I think I may try restoring an older backup from before this mess started and deactivate and reconnect only the bank and credit card accounts, leaving the loan accounts as they were. Because right now the loans are definitely showing as "Direct Connect" with downloaded transaction pending and red flags.
  • J.E.D.
    J.E.D. Member ✭✭
    I called USAA and their technical team was instructing folks to add accounts. I wasn't aware of this thread but did figure out how to deactivate and remove the zzzz financial institution. I am glad that this thread is hear to help folks!
  • WKing1943
    WKing1943 Member ✭✭
    That is exactly what I did earlier this morning. I restored from a backup of Jan 25. Deleted the name for each account and then deactivated. The problem I found was when Quicken sends you to the screen with various banks....do not click on the USAA logo....type it in above. You will then be sent to the screen with the "NEW" account. Make sure you get the USAA code (it is not the same as your normal ID and PIN #....there is a site to click on the right side of the screen which will give you a specific Access ID and Access PIN). This will allow you to retrieve your accounts and then absolutely make sure you tie them to the existing accounts you have before proceeding.
  • dennisnolan
    dennisnolan Member ✭✭
    I added the "new" accounts using the USAA Access ID and Access PIN. That allowed me to update my USAA accounts, but it's a messy solution. The new accounts contain only information from the last 180 days while retaining the old accounts, so I had to use the display option choice to keep the old accounts separate (so they don't get listed in the Ending Balance) and will have to refer to those separate accounts when looking for any old transactions. For some reason the new USAA credit card account shows a different credit card number that's not on my card or on my USAA records. There should have been a simpler solution to allow updating of the existing accounts rather than creation of new accounts.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA.

There is a new update on the alert, available here that contains additional details.

Please visit the alert and bookmark the conversation by selecting the gold star in the top right-hand corner to be notified via email of any updates or changes.

We have several ongoing posts regarding USAA, this makes it difficult for members to locate information and to keep everybody informed. To reduce confusion, this post will now be closed.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.