Downloaded transactions not showing up at bottom of register for acceptance

jimaa9mw
jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
Starting sometime this weekend, downloaded transactions are not showing up at the bottom of the register even though there is a "red flag" next to the account in the account list.  The update summary is also saying that transactions were downloaded. But no downloaded transactions are being presented to me to accept or edit into the register for any of these accounts.  This was working fine last Friday and I have made no changes to any preferences or settings.  Any ideas on what is going on?

Running Windows 10
Quicken 2020 - Version R31.6, Build 27.1.31.6

Jim

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jimaa9mw,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jimaa9mw
    jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
    Some additional information.  I am seeing this problem on multiple accounts.  The transactions are showing as posted (not pending) in the associated financial institution's website. 

I looked at the support article that was referenced above.  Automatic Entry is off in all the accounts and the transactions are not showing up at the bottom of the register to be processed as they normally would.  Also, on the register view,  downloaded transactions shows as "0" at the bottom of the register view.  However, as suggested in the support article referenced above, I went to tools--> Online Center.  For the accounts in question, the transactions do show up there and match what is on the financial institution web site.  Unfortunately, when I click on "Compare to Register" as suggested in the article, nothing happens or changes in the register.  The Tools-->Online Center" window is minimized to the bottom of the Quicken Window and if you reopen it, it still shows the same account with the same downloaded transactions.  I have not yet tried to go to a backup from last week and redownload.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

If automatic entry is off, you may want to try turning it on and then back off to see if it will push through the transactions. If you decide to try this, please keep in mind that this may cause it to automatically add the transactions to the register without allowing you to review/accept them first when it's first turned on, but once you turn it back off, it should not happen again going forward. 

Additionally, aside from restoring the backup, you can also try creating a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below (these steps are also provided in the support article previously mentioned). However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file prior to trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• jimaa9mw
    jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
    Anja -

I had already gone back to a backup file from last week (1/21), restored it, and re-downloaded.  Same situation still presented itself - Acouunts with downloads had a red flag, but no downloaded transactions when I went to the register.

I then went through the accounts one by one that were flagged (there were about 10 of them), turned automatic entry on for each account, clicked out of that account's register and then back in to the register.  Once I clicked back into the register, the transactions were automatically applied even though they had not shown up at the bottom of the register earlier.  I have gone back and verified that my Quicken accounts are now in sync with the online information from the financial institutions.

I am suspicious that something may still be amiss as I had an account which failed the download (this account - American Express - does this intermittently) after I restored the backup, I then individually downloaded it, and it showed the same symptoms as the others had before.  The turning automatic entry on did correct the symptoms.

I would like to keep this thread open until I can go through another day or two of downloads with new transactions.  I put all of the accounts back into state where automatic entry turned back off and I want to see how it reacts the next time I have downloads.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update and for trying that! I'm glad to hear that turning automatic entry was able to push through the transactions.

This thread will remain open. Please do check back and let us know how your next download goes with automatic entry turned back off! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @wallenjs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to let us know you are experiencing the same issue, though I apologize for the trouble.

Now that the flag has cleared and the transactions have been pushed through and added to your account register, you should be okay to leave the Automatically add to banking registers unchecked and be able to download and review your transactions as you normally would.

Please, do check back and let us know how your next download session goes. If the issue does resurface, please don't hesitate to reach back out! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Tom1of5
    Tom1of5 Member
    Automatic updates posts entries that duplicate transactions I have already entered.
  • jimaa9mw
    jimaa9mw Member ✭✭
    I did not have any transactions that were ready to be downloaded yesterday.  After turning automatic entries on and off on Wednesday, as I previously had indicated, that did push through the transactions.  Today, with automatic entries turned off, it appeared that the downloaded transactions were working as the newly downloaded transactions were showing at the bottom of the register waiting for me to accept or edit them as I normally do.

One other note, I realized that even though there were no new transactions yesterday for my accounts, I had told the system to update to R31.8 yesterday, so it is possible that could also have cleared the problem (I first saw the problem in R31.6).
  • Quicken Anja
    @wallenjs Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.