Extending Quicken Premier Subscription

Options
I have Windows Quicken Premier and I have been notified in Quicken that the membership subscription expires March 16, 2021.  The charge to extend the subscription with Quicken is $77.99/Year.  I have found at Sam's Club I can purchase a 1 Year Subscription in the store for $64.86.  I have two questions. If I buy Quicken Premier from Sam's Club and I enter the activation code given in the box I purchased (Help/Enter Activation Code...), will it extend my subscription one year from the date of my current expiration date or one year from the date that I enter the code?  Also, if I use the Sam's Club Subscription will Quicken extend the expiration under my current Quicken Account or will I be forced to create a new account?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, you can extend your subscription with an activation code from Sam's Club and it will add 1 year to your current one.

No, you will not need to create a new account. Make sure your quicken.com account is NOT set to auto-renew.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As long as you use the existing Quicken Id when you use the activation code, it will extend your subscription.
    If you use a new Quicken Id, you would be starting a new subscription and not extending the existing subscription.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes, you can extend your subscription with an activation code from Sam's Club and it will add 1 year to your current one.

No, you will not need to create a new account. Make sure your quicken.com account is NOT set to auto-renew.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As long as you use the existing Quicken Id when you use the activation code, it will extend your subscription.
    If you use a new Quicken Id, you would be starting a new subscription and not extending the existing subscription.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.