Membership Expired

My membership expired last week. Now when I try to open Quicken, I get the following message - "Your subsciption expired before this patch was created. However, you may continue to use the version of Quicken you had at the time your Membership expired. Please refer to this Quicken Subscription: How to reinstall Quicken after your membership has expired article to know how.

I've done this twice now and get in an endless cycle. Am I going to have to reinstall Quicken every time I want to use it unless I renew my subscription?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a NEW feature Quicken recently implemented.  The way they have it designed is that you get up to the last patch release in the month before your subscription expired.  Personally, I think if they are going to do this is that it should be the last one of the month the subscription expires, but not so.
    What you need to do first is to download and install the 30.19 patch release found at http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html
    R30.19 was the last one issued in December, 2020.
    If that doesn't get you working again, reinstall an earlier version of Quicken and patch it with 30.19.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should probably read through this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887378/how-to-reinstall-quicken-after-expiration

And for the record I agree with what @splasher said.  Quicken Inc's process is broken.
    Clearly you got that last patch while your subscription was still valid, and as such that there shouldn't be any need to "downgrade the version" in your case.  But it is true because the cut off is the end of last month before your subscription lapsed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • patmc
    patmc Member ✭✭
    my subscription expires 3/06/21 and cost is 51.99, I can buy a new 2021 cd for 31.19 at multiple locations and from Quicken for 41.59, can't I just buy the cheapest and use the activation code on the box? Worst case I can remove and install from the cd, just seems stupid to pay 40% more ( I've been using quicken since 1992 )
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @patmc Yes, you can buy Quicken at a retailer for less and then just use the activation code to renew your subscription.  You can select to enter it on the Help menu.  There is no reason to reinstall because would just take you back to the same version, that is the purpose of the subscription to keep everyone on the latest version.

And I believe you can enter that activation code up to 90 days before your subscription lapses, and it will extend it from the time that it was due to expire.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure it doesn't say New Subscribers Only.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • patmc
    patmc Member ✭✭
    got it ! thanks to all for the quick response
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @patmc
    Make sure that you login to Quicken.com and turn off "Auto Renew" so that you don't get surprised.

• patmc
    patmc Member ✭✭
    purchased deluxe from Office Depot for $31.19+tax, entered the activation key and subscription is good for another year.
  • I have tried patches 1, 2, 3 & 4 months before my membership expired. When I try to run the Quicken program it crashes.
  • I've had this problem since 1/25/21 when my subscription expired, and am in that same endless loop. The basis of the problem is that no matter what version I install, it auto-updates to the latest patch, and I can only access my data on the first start, then can no longer use it thereafter. I've been on tech & user support calls for about 7 hours, with no joy. My problem has been "escalated" twice, and I haven't heard back yet, and can't talk to any upper tech support personnel, period. Customer support told me that they shouldn't even be talking to me since my subscription is expired. I'm not holding out much hope that Quicken is going to honor their Data Access Guarantee. I've been using Quicken for over 20 years, and this may be where I break from the company.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this article apply to your situation: Install after expire

This discussion has been closed.