Constant Resetting- Passwords No Longer Being Saved

Comments

• KAS1575
    KAS1575 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I have to go to the the "account detail", "online services", reset each account and enter my passwords to get them back in the password vault. After i do this to every financial institution i can then click "update all" if i want to update them all at once. However, as soon as i close quicken and open it up again the passwords and financial institutions will all be gone from the password vault again. I've just about had it.. I tried the fix lised about, it did nothing...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the fix lised about you tried was but...

I suspect the Password Vault may be corrupt.  I suggest you delete the Password Vault (select Tools > Password Vault > Delete Password Vault and all Saved Passwords..., and Yes)  and recreate the Password Vault (select Tools > Password Vault > Setup new Password Vault..., etc.).

If the issue persists, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue, but for now before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

• KAS1575
    KAS1575 Member
    Appreciate the info. I tried your suggestion and am still having the same issue. What i did discover though is that any financial institution that wont allow me to change from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" gets deleted from the password vault along with the password i saved.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    KAS1575 said:
    Appreciate the info. I tried your suggestion and am still having the same issue. What i did discover though is that any financial institution that wont allow me to change from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" gets deleted from the password vault along with the password i saved.
    Express Web Connect connection method account passwords are no longer maintained in the Password Vault.  They've always been saved in the Express Web Connect servers anyway.
  • KAS1575
    KAS1575 Member
    I guess my point is, If the institution does not have the option for "Express Web Connect" then my password vault wont save the institution or the password. For some reason it deletes it as soon as i log out. However, I do have one institution that allows me to change it. If i put it on "direct connect" it will be gone the next time i log in. If i change the connection method to "Express Web Connect" it will save the institution and put the password on the quicken server.. I have several other institutions that are not allowing me to change the connection type though so i guess i'm out of luck.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    KAS1575 said:
    I guess my point is, If the institution does not have the option for "Express Web Connect" then my password vault wont save the institution or the password. For some reason it deletes it as soon as i log out. However, I do have one institution that allows me to change it. If i put it on "direct connect" it will be gone the next time i log in. If i change the connection method to "Express Web Connect" it will save the institution and put the password on the quicken server.. I have several other institutions that are not allowing me to change the connection type though so i guess i'm out of luck.
    That sounds backwards to me.  Did the issue reproduce when you tried the test Quicken file?

We don't use the Express Web Connect connection method and have 9 financial institutions with 12 sets of credentials in the Password Vault.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KAS1575 said:
    Hi @"KAS1575 ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

With some Banks, you can't change the protocol to Direct Connect from Express Web Connect, without the permission from the Bank.

You can not posted any name of the Banks in question as well as the Register Type.
    that is, Checking, Savings or Credit Card.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.