Costco Citibank Visa not Updating

My Costco Visa account will not update correctly and there is no error message. Account activity since 1/20/21 have failed to update to Quicken. This is a busy credit card and these updates are essential. How can I fix this? I have already reset the account and deactivated and renewed it with no success.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken 2020, Release 31.8, version 27.1.31.8. The financial institution is Citibank, as I said in the title of my query. Although you didn't ask, I using Windows 10, Version 20H2.
    If the credit card account is available for download at Citi Cards, I suggest you switch financial institutions and use the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For what it worth we have a Costco Anywhere Visa Card and it is setup with "Citi Cards" and with Direct Connect, which is much more reliable than with Citibank/Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
  • Dave Abbott
    Dave Abbott Member ✭✭
    Quicken 2020, Release 31.8, version 27.1.31.8. The financial institution is Citibank, as I said in the title of my query. Although you didn't ask, I using Windows 10, Version 20H2.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If the credit card account is available for download at Citi Cards, I suggest you switch financial institutions and use the Direct Connect connection method.
  • Dave Abbott
    Dave Abbott Member ✭✭
    It isn't available that way. It has it's own category "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" and links via Express Web Connect to "online.citi.com"
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't available that way. It has it's own category "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" and links via Express Web Connect to "online.citi.com"
    That's too bad.    I suggest you contact Quicken Support to let them know about the Express Web Connect issue with the financial institution: Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    For what it worth we have a Costco Anywhere Visa Card and it is setup with "Citi Cards" and with Direct Connect, which is much more reliable than with Citibank/Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
  • richrugby
    richrugby Member ✭✭
    i have the same issue with Costco card. Did you get this resolved?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    richrugby said:
    i have the same issue with Costco card. Did you get this resolved?

Did you do what @Chris_QPW suggested and use "Citi Cards" as the Financial Institution name to add your account?
  • Dave Abbott
    Dave Abbott Member ✭✭
    Yes, I did and that fixed the problem! It took a bit of work to set it up, but everything is now downloading correctly. Started by creating it as a new account, but then linked it to my existing account on Quicken.
  • I am experiencing the same issue with Citi Cards, including Costco Visa.  As of Feb 6, it still is not resolved
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the people having problems with Citi Cards.  First off make sure that the financial institution is "Citi Cards" and second make sure the connect type is Direct Connect.

It use to be that if you used "Citi Cards" you always got Direct Connect, but awhile back they changed it so that both Direct Connect and Express Web Connect is available and I think it defaults to Express Web Connect.  Express Web Connect isn't very reliable.

Ctrl+A will get you the account list and you can check it from there.

There are two possible ways to change from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect.  One is to go to the Account Details (edit the account from the account list) -> Online Services tab.  If it has a link that says you can improve the connection, you should be able to select that and get Direct Connect.

If that doesn't work for you you can deactivate the account and then reactivate it, but this time be sure to select the Advance Options and select Direct Connect.

Also you have to authorize access to Quicken on the Citi website:
    Select the Person/Profile icon -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps
    (Direct link: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage)
    Signature:
  • mikevio
    mikevio Unconfirmed, Member
    Dave, Having the same issues on Quicken Mac. All of a sudden, Costco Anywhere Citi Card is not working. Looks like an aggregator issue. Tried Citi Cards with other connection types and no luck. Was able to Web Connect by downloading transactions from Citi Bank sight directly. Any other suggestions? Seems to be an issue with Quickens download provider. Thanks
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @mikevio It sounds like you are using Quicken Connect (Express Web Connect on Windows).  Given that the financial institutions are blocking access because of the high traffic due to the stimulus checks and the very nature of it you are getting those problems.

When possible you should always use Direct Connect over Quicken Connect/Express Web connect and in the case of the Costco Visa card it is available and is free for that matter.

I have such a card and have had zero problem with it because I'm using Direct Connect.
    Signature:
  • sdunixgeek
    sdunixgeek Member ✭✭
    Having same situation been this way for months now. Anyone get this resolved. Have tried all the suggested fixes. Including the Manage Your Desktop Apps on the citi bank site then attempting to add the connection in quickbooks again. Have tried weekly with no success.

Product: Quicken
    Version: 6.1.1
    Build: 601.37924.100

poll response:
    {
    "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "channel" : "FDS_DEFAULT",
    "cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.105",
    "aggStatus" : "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE",
    "isProcessing" : false,
    "cpAggStatusDetail" : "URL. Website is currently unavailable or intermittently available."
    }
    ],
    }
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @sdunixgeek You are posting in a Windows category so the details will not be the same for you.  If you post your own question in a Mac category you might get a better response.  But based on what you posted you have the account setup with Quicken Connect which is subject to "aggregator problems" like the financial institution blocking the connection or changing the website in a way that it makes this fail.

The suggestion above applies to you too, change to the Financial institution name of "Citi Cards" and the connection method of Direct Connect.  This combination has been trouble free for many years for me and others.
    Signature:
  • sdunixgeek
    sdunixgeek Member ✭✭
    The quicken direct connect option and choosing Citi Cards worked to reconnect messed up all my transactions though but at least its connected again.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The quicken direct connect option and choosing Citi Cards worked to reconnect messed up all my transactions though but at least its connected again.
    That should be a one time problem.  When you switch between Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect and Direct Connect sometimes the unique Ids change.  And as such you get the same transactions download as duplicates.  Once that is cleaned up as long as you stay with Direct Connect you will get the correct unique Ids to prevent downloading of duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
  • sdunixgeek
    sdunixgeek Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > That should be a one time problem.  When you switch between Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect and Direct Connect sometimes the unique Ids change.  And as such you get the same transactions download as duplicates.  Once that is cleaned up as long as you stay with Direct Connect you will get the correct unique Ids to prevent downloading of duplicate transactions.

Thanks @Chris_QPW. I was able to track down the transactions that were duplicated and it was only a couple so was easy to track down luckily. All set now and everything is balanced out. Thanks again for the tip.
  • rprasadusa
    rprasadusa Member ✭✭
    The pop-up window now directs you here: https://citi.com/datamanagement. If you go there and log in, you have 10 minutes to get back to Quicken and continue setting up the connection. It all seems to be working now.
This discussion has been closed.