I am suddenly unable to download transactions from Capital One Bank. Is there a fix?

This is related to the 1/29 announcement. Just want to weigh in regarding Capital One Bank. When I do "Update Now" it goes through the motions and comes up with zero transactions. How do I fix this? I have tried on Friday, January 29th and today, January 31st

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion to report this issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

For those who are still experiencing this issue with Capital One, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to send log files and report this issue or contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents collect log files so that we can further investigate. 

The more log files we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David15
    David15 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I think I have identified part of my issue - I discovered that my checking account was still connecting to Capital One - New, while my savings had switched somehow to Capital One 360. The Capital One - New link seems to have stopped working on around 1/20. However, when I disconnected all 4 accounts and then reconnected to Capital One 360, it goes through to the screen showing all four accounts but never brought up the screen matching the 4 accounts to their corresponding Quicken accounts. When I update now, none of the accounts even get icons indicating they are being updated. I am going to try again tomorrow.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @JMPfeiffer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• William
    William Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    That doesn't work at all. [Removed - Rant]
  • Scott T
    Scott T Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. My transactions stopped downloading on Jan 22, 2021. The last successful download was Jan 21, 2021. I've disconnected online services and reconnected a few times with no luck. I'm hoping this is related to the current 1/29 announcement and that a fix is underway.
  • David15
    David15 Member ✭✭✭
    Here is something that might help diagnose the problem. I disconnected and reconnected, and now my 360 accounts updated but my regular accounts didn't.
  • bendore
    bendore Member ✭✭
    I spoke with Capital One Credit card Department over a year ago and they say it is a quicken issue. After a year, it is still an issue. Quicken said it was a Cap One issue. I decided to remove Cap One as one of my providers. Life is too short...............
  • mwatson4him
    mwatson4him Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to download my Capital One Accounts since Jan 22. I am using release R31.8. I am using Express Web Connect.
  • jlreese
    jlreese Member
    I have had the same issues. I actually spent over an hour with Quicken Help who had me go through all the deactivate/reactivate steps/verify steps with several banks including Capital One, Chase Credit Card. SOOOOO frustrating because that day (mid January) I finally got them updated and reconnected. Today I go on my subscription Quicken on windows R31.8 and it is groundhog day all over again. Can't update accounts. Wow.
  • Similar issues across the board. Have attempted to remove/re-add accounts as recommended, unlinked and relinked accounts @ Cap1, have noticed updates to 360 savings, but not to checking account since before 14 JAN 2021. Save version of Quicken, R31.8. Transaction info is there on Cap1, it's just not being transferred to Quicken. Have been manually entering transactions the last couple weeks. Any other possibilities of triggering a 'fresh download' of Cap1 transactions?
  • I just did the deactivate/activate thing and it did not work. Now what? I am having the same trouble as Kelly White. I also have R31.8/Quicken Deluxe 2020. Transaction info is there on Cap 1. Not being downloaded to Quicken.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue as well. Very frustrating. For my checking account, no transactions have downloaded since January 21st. I have 14 savings accounts and they work fine. I spent an hour on the phone with quicken early this morning. Quicken says it's a Capital One Issue. I've had 6 calls with Capital One since then. Individuals on those calls say its a Quicken issue.

For what it worth, if you manually document the transactions from Capital One, you get all of the transactions that will not download using Express Web Connect+.

THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE FIXED. CAPITAL ONE AND QUICKEN NEED TO BE TALKING TO EACH OTHER.
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    As an add-on to my review comment, if you choose to import the QFX file manually, keep in mind that the balance for the account will be incorrect since Quicken is unable to get the balance from the account.
  • William
    William Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Same problem here. I have 3 accounts. VIP Checking / Simple Savings / Cap 360 Performance savings. All downloads stopped on 1/20/21. I have done everything everyone else has tried

I created a new fresh Quicken Test file / selected Cap1 360 for the bank. I was then required to use my Cap 1 login / all 3 accounts linked and downloaded transactions from 11/4/20 until 1/20/21 ....the same stop date as before. Under account details all 3 show as checking accounts for some reason.
    I'm using windows Quicken Deluxe R31.8
  • Paul26
    Paul26 Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what has changed, but about 5 minutes ago, I was able to download transactions from the Capital One Checking Account. I received transactions as far back as January 25th as well as an updated balance. I hope this is permanent. I Would love to understand what the fix was.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion to report this issue, though I apologize that you're experiencing this.

For those who are still experiencing this issue with Capital One, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to send log files and report this issue or contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents collect log files so that we can further investigate. 

The more log files we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• David15
    David15 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, I think I have identified part of my issue - I discovered that my checking account was still connecting to Capital One - New, while my savings had switched somehow to Capital One 360. The Capital One - New link seems to have stopped working on around 1/20. However, when I disconnected all 4 accounts and then reconnected to Capital One 360, it goes through to the screen showing all four accounts but never brought up the screen matching the 4 accounts to their corresponding Quicken accounts. When I update now, none of the accounts even get icons indicating they are being updated. I am going to try again tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.